• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubleshooting White Screen video.
Hello again. I am working with a teacher who has set up JamKazam on a Mac Desktop (not sure model yet.) The problem I have had so far is that when we share video, all I get from him is a white screen. I think he is seeing a black screen (though it may be white.) I tried closing and open sessions, closing and opening and the JamKazam application, but still get the same result of a white screen from him and a black screen from me. We both can see our cameras locally.
       When I see the teacher again shortly, I plan to have him click on his name, click on video settings and see the right camera is selected and he can see an image when he runs a test and if he doesn't, test for all resolutions.
       The other thing I was planning to check is to go into preferences/security/video and make sure JamKazam is checked as one of the permitted apps (or words to that effect- I am on a Dos box right now.)
        Are there any other suggestions other then trying a different webcam?
        Thanks, as always, for everyone's help.
Robert "Lee" Vanarsdall
University of Maryland, College Park
(07-14-2020, 11:46 AM)LVanarsdall Wrote: Hello again. I am working with a teacher who has set up JamKazam on a Mac Desktop (not sure model yet.) The problem I have had so far is that when we share video, all I get from him is a white screen. I think he is seeing a black screen (though it may be white.) I tried closing and open sessions, closing and opening and the JamKazam application, but still get the same result of a white screen from him and a black screen from me. We both can see our cameras locally.
       When I see the teacher again shortly, I plan to have him click on his name, click on video settings and see the right camera is selected and he can see an image when he runs a test and if he doesn't, test for all resolutions.
       The other thing I was planning to check is to go into preferences/security/video and make sure JamKazam is checked as one of the permitted apps (or words to that effect- I am on a Dos box right now.)
        Are there any other suggestions other then trying a different webcam?
        Thanks, as always, for everyone's help.
I seem to remember that checking and setting the permitted apps to include Jamkazam helped other MAC users in the past.
After going through the steps that I said I would do in the previous post, the video came up without issue. Through a number of sessions with my teachers, I have found the video feature valuable, but finicky (for lack of a better term.) If you try to manipulate the video feature too much, the users JamKazam app may crash and crash hard. Even after the user brings up the app again and rejoins the session, the video feature may not work correctly. We have found that if the video feature is important to that session, it is best practice to restart the session after a participant crashes and comes back up. It seems to work normally after that.
Robert "Lee" Vanarsdall
University of Maryland, College Park