• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could encryption cause lag?
One of my musical friends has JamKazam on a work laptop that uses encryption.  Her system has an annoying lag time that we can't get rid of.  Could encryption be causing it?
(07-10-2020, 04:06 PM)Southpaw Wrote: One of my musical friends has JamKazam on a work laptop that uses encryption.  Her system has an annoying lag time that we can't get rid of.  Could encryption be causing it?
Windows or MAC? Some technical details please.
(07-10-2020, 05:45 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 04:06 PM)Southpaw Wrote: One of my musical friends has JamKazam on a work laptop that uses encryption.  Her system has an annoying lag time that we can't get rid of.  Could encryption be causing it?
Macbook Pro.  ART professional tube mic preamp, with a Shure beta 58A external standing microphone.
If you are referring to network encryption using VPN. Yes. If you are referring to private VPN, lag expected too. If you are referring to Disk encryption, likely. Especially if it's depending on CPU resources to process the encryption.
(07-10-2020, 06:40 PM)Southpaw Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 05:45 PM)StuartR Wrote:
Macbook Pro.  ART professional tube mic preamp, with a Shure beta 58A external standing microphone.
What type of lag time are you experiencing.... Still not enough details... Msecs, secs, how many?
What's the latency between his client and the rest of you (as displayed in your JK client)?