• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 3rd gen - LATENCY FIX
I contacted Focusrite support regarding the latency issues when using my Scarlet 2i2 3rd generation audio interface on JamKazam.

I received the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please download the most up to date Focusrite Control 3.6 software which includes the latest driver and can be found @ https://customer.focusrite.com/en/support/downloads  

When working with ASIO drivers, JamKazam only deals with buffer sizes that directly correspond to the JamKazam "Frame Size" which is measured in milliseconds. It is attempting to match the buffer size that is not traditionally used in ASIO drivers which is in multiples of 16 samples. 

We have raised this with their (JamKazam) development team and are currently in talks with them. 

In the meantime please try the steps below to further reduce latency. 
  • Click "Manage" in the top left corner of the application screen

• Audio Settings > Audio Booster

• Reduce the "Frame Size" down to either 1ms or 2ms

This will in turn reduce the buffer size in the F Notifier Settings panel."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I applied this fix to my setup (Scarlet 2i2 3gen) and it reduced the latency on the "Audio Interface" (your interface device) status from 11.54 down to 4.5.

Since then all status lights are GREEN in the Audio Interface section.  (Trust me, when all members of a jam have all GREEN lights on their audio interface, it's MUCH better.)

This fix may work on  other Focusrite Scarlet series as well (and who know what else). 

Note that this will not change status in the "Internet" section as those are based on your unique subscription with your internet provider and other factors outside of your control.

And according to other posts i've seen, you should have at least 3mbps UPSTREAM bandwidth to achieve a happy experience.

FAST.COM will tell you what your bandwidth is on your unique connection.  There are many other speedtest programs out there as well.

Hope this helps.

Let us know your results so comment below if you try this. 

Also, if you're using a different audio interface than above, let us know as it may help others.

And most importantly, DO NOT LET COMPUTERS RUIN YOUR LIFE. Spend the time practicing instead and let the makers fix the problems they sell us Wink
Thanks Tom.
  I received the same response from focusrite and it worked. I am able to get sessions up and running OK over around 1000 miles.
I find the configuration scattered all over the place as is the custom for modern software so while the basis of this type of networking is not overly complex, templating it to the user interface is. Hopefully they will consolidate some things for the future-
thanks again
Fritz
(07-09-2020, 02:32 AM)raindog tom Wrote: I contacted Focusrite support regarding the latency issues when using my Scarlet 2i2 3rd generation audio interface on JamKazam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please download the most up to date Focusrite Control 3.6 software which includes the latest driver and can be found @ https://customer.focusrite.com/en/support/downloads  

When working with ASIO drivers, JamKazam only deals with buffer sizes that directly correspond to the JamKazam "Frame Size" which is measured in milliseconds. It is attempting to match the buffer size that is not traditionally used in ASIO drivers which is in multiples of 16 samples. 

We have raised this with their (JamKazam) development team and are currently in talks with them. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I applied this fix to my setup (Scarlet 2i2 3gen) and it reduced the latency on the "Audio Interface" (your interface device) status from 11.54 down to 4.5.

Since then all status lights are GREEN in the Audio Interface section.  (Trust me, when all members of a jam have all GREEN lights on their audio interface, it's MUCH better.)

This fix may work on  other Focusrite Scarlet series as well (and who know what else). 

Note that this will not change status in the "Internet" section as those are based on your unique subscription with your internet provider and other factors outside of your control.

And according to other posts i've seen, you should have at least 3mbps UPSTREAM bandwidth to achieve a happy experience.

FAST.COM will tell you what your bandwidth is on your unique connection.  There are many other speedtest programs out there as well.

Hope this helps.

Also, if you're using a different audio interface than above, let us know as it may help others.

And most importantly, DO NOT LET COMPUTERS RUIN YOUR LIFE. Spend the time practicing instead and let the makers fix the problems they sell us Wink

Thanks for the tip, however I tried the fix described. Could not change the audio frame rate, it was grayed out at 2.5 ms
Any ideas?

Thanks
(07-09-2020, 01:58 PM)Jeff S Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 02:32 AM)raindog tom Wrote: I contacted Focusrite support regarding the latency issues when using my Scarlet 2i2 3rd generation audio interface on JamKazam.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip, however I tried the fix described. Could not change the audio frame rate, it was grayed out at 2.5 ms
Any ideas?

Thanks
i believe you have to be in a session to change some settings in the audio booster control panel.  try starting a solo session and then follow the instructions.

if you see me on invite me into your solo session and i'll see if i can help 

tom Wink
This is correct, you have to be in a session to change frame size
Based on other comments on the focusrite I decided to $p it back. Got a Behringer unit instead.
Thanks!  Huge help!

However, I was a bit confused since I didn't realize the Manage button is active even when in the audio setup screen.  This helped me see the light:

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/a...0014938579

Thanks to @rebshlomo for that!