• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently network issue; Live Tracks always greyed out in Session with others
Dan, let's connect on JK sometime and talk this through. You can guess my initials but i'll send you a friend request to discuss other configuration tips. GDJ (G...D... Jams)
(07-22-2020, 12:47 AM)GDJ Wrote: Dan, let's connect on JK sometime and talk this through. You can guess my initials but i'll send you a friend request to discuss other configuration tips. GDJ (G...D... Jams)
Hey GDJ!
I'll look for your friend request. Would love to chat! And while i love GD, and my handle is backinterrapin, i only play a limited set of GD tunes... at the moment. 
Just to be sure, you did see that i successfully did a session with one person who lived a few blocks away? In last post. 
But i would love to hear more tips.
Rock on!
Dan
Dan, i took another look at your recent posts. I'm glad things are working but I thought the original issue was the tracks were grayed out for each other, but now you can hear each other.

I think it's important to understand why this is, otherwise you may still be chasing this problem around especially if it's intermittent. Some of what you are sharing about changing the bit and frame rate does not make sense to me, to explain the grayed out tracks. Occasionally I change these settings. I sometimes use the 1ms experimental with 128kbs. Yes, it's pretty darn scratchy but worth the trade-off for having a better syncd session with a particular friend. Otherwise i'm good with 256k and 2ms. I also have an older MOTU interface.

I also think, now that you have things working - SORTA, at some point want to start configuring everything back in? The port forwarding, Snitch, etc. I'm not sure why you uninstalled Snitch if you intend to to use it again. Perhaps it was a personal decision. It is possible to turn Snitch Off, for testing purposes. 

I have things working with Snitch and is what drove my earlier question since you mentioned you have a Mac. Essentially, I had the same issue as you with the grayed-out tracks and persistent network messages. In Snitch rules, you want to make sure you approve all JamKazam in/outgoing activity otherwise JK performance will be impeded. That said, i say for now let's continue to keep it uninstalled and achieve stability for your JamKazam.

By the way, as a side note in case you are interested. Here's something I posted a while back and is how I run things to this day.

Improving Performance with a Bootable JamKazam Os Drive

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...t=bootable

As for your router. Again here, if JK is now working and you are going through the router, this can be attributed to disabling the port forwarding settings for JK. I say, keep it this way until you have a few things figured out in JK.

The other reason for grayed out tracks could be related to the audio device setup or the device driver. Which, if you did not have anything setup you would not be able to open a session. Is you audio interface driver updated?

I also have a new theory. You were sharing about your work with the benefit, using open source tools for streaming, and zoom. I'm wondering, with everything you have going on is it possible another app is stealing the Audio Device driver and while JK is configured to use the same driver, it's busy with another app. Are you running these other apps at the same time? I would think the device driver would be available for JK, if the other apps are not running. Also, you may want to check your sound settings, Microphone and make sure it's turned up. This too controls input to JK from some Audio Interface drivers. I've seen this with Mixer interfaces which use a different class driver in MacOS

Jeff