• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Install Update
Good evening.  JamKazam has been my musical lifeline during these "unprecedented times". I've practiced with others a few times a week without any problems since I first got connected in late March. 

When I opened JK for practice on Sunday there was a required update - no big deal, I've needed to update prior to several sessions over the past couple months & it has never been a problem until now.  Apparently despite zero issues practicing Thur 6/25 the file from the prior update (1.0.3744) has gone completely missing from my computer. 

When I try to install the 1.0.3787 update I get this error message: 
The path 'C:Users\AppData\Local\Temp\JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again. or try to find the installation package 'JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product JamKazam 1.0.3744.

I tried deleting the update & downloading/installing again. Same result.

I've tried completely uninstalling JK (& my interface driver because I saw that in someone's post) and running a Registry cleaner in an attempt to start fresh but I can't even fully uninstall due to that same "path" error.

Is there any way for me to start fresh when I've somehow mysteriously lost a prior update/install?

After a couple days of frustration I am at wit's end and would appreciate any help that I can get!
-TK
(07-01-2020, 04:04 AM)DrumBoi Wrote: Good evening.  JamKazam has been my musical lifeline during these "unprecedented times". I've practiced with others a few times a week without any problems since I first got connected in late March. 

When I opened JK for practice on Sunday there was a required update - no big deal, I've needed to update prior to several sessions over the past couple months & it has never been a problem until now.  Apparently despite zero issues practicing Thur 6/25 the file from the prior update (1.0.3744) has gone completely missing from my computer. 

The path 'C:Users\AppData\Local\Temp\JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location and try again. or try to find the installation package 'JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' in a folder from which you can install the product JamKazam 1.0.3744.

I've tried completely uninstalling JK (& my interface driver because I saw that in someone's post) and running a Registry cleaner in an attempt to start fresh but I can't even fully uninstall due to that same "path" error.

Is there any way for me to start fresh when I've somehow mysteriously lost a prior update/install?

After a couple days of frustration I am at wit's end and would appreciate any help that I can get!
-TK
Try this approach.... Go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall your current JK client. Now go to the JK website and manually download the latest client. Let us know how it goes.
(07-01-2020, 03:59 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(07-01-2020, 04:04 AM)DrumBoi Wrote: Good evening.  JamKazam has been my musical lifeline during these "unprecedented times". I've practiced with others a few times a week without any problems since I first got connected in late March. 

-TK
Try this approach.... Go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall your current JK client. Now go to the JK website and manually download the latest client. Let us know how it goes.
Hello.
When I try to uninstall I get that same “path” error mentioned above. I’ve tried the Windows 10 uninstall and a CCleaner uninstall with the same results. 
In theory I should have a file for that 1.0.3744 update from 5/30 but it has seemingly disappeared without a trace.
(07-01-2020, 06:03 PM)DrumBoi Wrote:

-TK
Hello.
When I try to uninstall I get that same “path” error mentioned above. I’ve tried the Windows 10 uninstall and a CCleaner uninstall with the same results. 
In theory I should have a file for that 1.0.3744 update from 5/30 but it has seemingly disappeared without a trace.
Can you just install the latest JK client directly from their website?
(07-02-2020, 06:18 PM)StuartR Wrote:

-TK
Hello.
I have attempted multiple times. It stops part way through the install to give me the path error- and when I can’t locate/open 'JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' (because it mysteriously vanished from my program files) the update install is cancelled/ reversed.
There must be a way to make either my computer or JamKazam or both forget that previous update but I’m more than a little pathetic doing much more than basic computer troubleshooting...
I do have same issue. Last update failed and now still to high and unstable jitter!!!
What to do?
(07-03-2020, 01:28 AM)DrumBoi Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 06:18 PM)StuartR Wrote:

-TK
Hello.
I have attempted multiple times. It stops part way through the install to give me the path error- and when I can’t locate/open 'JamKazam-1.0.3744.msi' (because it mysteriously vanished from my program files) the update install is cancelled/ reversed.
There must be a way to make either my computer or JamKazam or both forget that previous update but I’m more than a little pathetic doing much more than basic computer troubleshooting...
Do you have a system restore point taken in that computer around the time it was first installed? Are you familiar with restore points in Windows?
Thank you for that idea. I’m having issues with my computer actually running the restore (I think possibly due to my anti-virus software) but it has at least given me another avenue to explore. Between holiday and vacation I’ve been slowed down but I’ll continue trying & let you know if it works.
(07-07-2020, 03:47 PM)DrumBoi Wrote: Thank you for that idea. I’m having issues with my computer actually running the restore (I think possibly due to my anti-virus software) but it has at least given me another avenue to explore. Between holiday and vacation I’ve been slowed down but I’ll continue trying & let you know if it works.
One final approach. Let Windows reinstall itself from scratch. There's an option for that in the newer versions of Windows during boot. You'll be given the option to retain all your user data and Windows will provide you a file list of all applications that you had installed prior to the refresh so you can reinstall those you really need, which in some cases will be far fewer than you had before.
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU StuartR!
After many failed attempts to restore, a full Windows reinstall finally has me updated and back on JamKazam.
I truly appreciate you all helping a brother out.