• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOS Client?
Is there any effort to develop an IOS client?  The tech in my iPad Pro is way ahead of my 11 year old iMac.  If so, I could hard wire to the network if 5G wireless is too laggy.
(06-29-2020, 02:03 PM)BenOnBass Wrote: Is there any effort to develop an IOS client?  The tech in my iPad Pro is way ahead of my 11 year old iMac.  If so, I could hard wire to the network if 5G wireless is too laggy.

I would like to second this request. I’m not considering these devices use WiFi, but rather a USB C dock with Ethernet and audio, or since you have the USB C Dock, then add an audio interface (many work with iPadOS). I have several iPad users that I support that have used Zoom with a wired Ethernet connection for music purposes (not performing together).

It works, and with the iPad Air also $pping with a USB C port now, that makes the barrier to entry rather low.

IPad Air
USB C multi port dock w/ethernet and USB 3
If the dock doesn’t include audio support, then use an iPad compatible interface.

To test how far back this setup would work, I used an iPad Air (with lightening port) into a powered USB 3 hub, into my FIRST generation Scarlett 2i4. It worked! Being the nerd I am, I tried loading up the iPad w/ a MIDI Synth...and it kept working. I have to say the iOS devices are capable and could be a low-end entry point for some users.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks!
(01-05-2021, 02:31 PM)Gregj3 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 02:03 PM)BenOnBass Wrote: Is there any effort to develop an IOS client?  The tech in my iPad Pro is way ahead of my 11 year old iMac.  If so, I could hard wire to the network if 5G wireless is too laggy.

I would like to second this request. I’m not considering these devices use WiFi, but rather a USB C dock with Ethernet and audio, or since you have the USB C Dock, then add an audio interface (many work with iPadOS). I have several iPad users that I support that have used Zoom with a wired Ethernet connection for music purposes (not performing together).

It works, and with the iPad Air also $pping with a USB C port now, that makes the barrier to entry rather low.

IPad Air
USB C multi port dock w/ethernet and USB 3
If the dock doesn’t include audio support, then use an iPad compatible interface.

To test how far back this setup would work, I used an iPad Air (with lightening port) into a powered USB 3 hub, into my FIRST generation  Scarlett 2i4. It worked!  Being the nerd I am, I tried loading up the iPad w/ a MIDI Synth...and it kept working. I have to say the iOS devices are capable and could be a low-end entry point for some users.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks!
While this is really a question for the JK developers, I'd hazard a guess that it's the lack of support for the common JK development environment in IOS.