• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAC Instability - Just Keeps Cra$ng since 6.23 update
Is anyone else having  tremendous stability and cra$ng issues? Since the last update on 6.23.2020 jamkazam is now useless with my MAC. Mac with OS X 10.11.6
(06-26-2020, 01:33 AM)dwcahill Wrote: Is anyone else having  tremendous stability and cra$ng issues? Since the last update on 6.23.2020 jamkazam is now useless with my MAC. Mac with OS X 10.11.6

I can't get it to connect on my MBP.  My PC connects with no issues.  Can't figure it out.
yes same problem. was just fine before the update. now I cant do anything. crashes everything I click out of a window and I can no longer connect to a session Mac OS 10.9.5. Thanks.
no problem for me. Running HighSierra. Been using JK since April, accepted the last update and last night had up to 10 people in the session without any problem. What troubleshooting steps have you attempted? and, does it work sometimes?
(06-26-2020, 01:38 PM)GDJ Wrote: no problem for me. Running HighSierra. Been using JK since April, accepted the last update and last night had up to 10 people in the session without any problem. What troubleshooting steps have you attempted? and, does it work sometimes?
It worked perfectly before and I have not made any changes to the MAC.  I tried simple rebooting, deleted the app and reinstalled it, deleted my interface and redid that... none of that had any effect. When people sign in it kicks me (and others) off.  I had one VST in, took that off. 
When I leave a session now, the app just crashes. It's really unusable for me an a few others who I interact with and all of us had no issues a week ago.
I see.. so the instability can happen in a few areas. And, when you say "before", specially before what? For instance, everything was working fine until when? this last update?

For the reinstall attempt. Did this include clearing everything / all JK items out of the Library and Preferences folders? and,I think there is also a hidden config file in the var directory. Maybe an clean reinstall is needed.  Which means, when running the App after that, it would initialize all new files and folders and require setting everything up, and signing in with your user info.

Personally, I did this twice already but not because i was having cra$ng or issues. Just because I wanted to understand where everything was (lol, i had too much time on my hands at the time)

Let me know.. and I'll see about putting a list together for where the files are.
(06-26-2020, 08:41 PM)GDJ Wrote: I see.. so the instability can happen in a few areas. And, when you say "before", specially before what? For instance, everything was working fine until when? this last update?

For the reinstall attempt. Did this include clearing everything / all JK items out of the Library and Preferences folders? and,I think there is also a hidden config file in the var directory. Maybe an clean reinstall is needed.  Which means, when running the App after that, it would initialize all new files and folders and require setting everything up, and signing in with your user info.

Personally, I did this twice already but not because i was having cra$ng or issues. Just because I wanted to understand where everything was (lol, i had too much time on my hands at the time)

Let me know.. and I'll see about putting a list together for where the files are.
Thanks for reply. If you know where other Jamkazam files are in the various libraries, that would be great. I did not do that and you could tell when I reloaded the app, it signed me right back in so I did not get a total refresh of files and if something got corrupted, it would not have corrected that.... That would probably helpful for anyone who is having any issues.
dwcahill, I did put together something for you.. and I prefer to send it to you as a direct message. It required some time putting it together but i need to clean it up. It's not something I want post publicly yet. But for you, I'm hoping it helps. Be on the lookout, hope to get it to you by Sunday.
Since this last update I am unable to join sessions on a iMac with High Sierra. When joining a session everyone is greyed out and I get a network error. Then I go to leave or the session or adjust settings and the app just quit. What happened? This app was decent and stable and now I cant use it for even 1 minute. Any help is welcomed.
I see. more details coming up. by chance, have you also been configuring port forwarding, including settings with your router. And, the JamKazam Prefs menu?