• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main limiting factor CPU ,memory or hard drive
Assuming your internet latency and so forth has been optimized what is the main limiting factor that might cause the jamkazam program to hesitate as you move from one menu item to another during a session? as far as I can see on my laptop it's using about 290 megabytes of memory in a Solo session...

My six-year-old laptop only has 4GB of memory so I'm considering upgrading that to 8 or 16 , or going to a solid state drive.... I don't think it would be worth trying to change the CPU in that but I really need to know beyond IO and latency where does the program stress a computer the most
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(06-24-2020, 02:33 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Assuming your internet latency and so forth has been optimized what is the main limiting factor that might cause the jamkazam program to hesitate as you move from one menu item to another during a session? as far as I can see on my laptop it's using about 290 megabytes of memory in a Solo session...

My six-year-old laptop only has 4GB of memory so I'm considering upgrading that to 8 or 16 , or going to a solid state drive.... I don't think it would be worth trying to change the CPU in that but I really need to know beyond IO and latency where does the program stress a computer the most
Where to begin....a 6 year old laptop with only 4GB of memory? What OS is it running? I'd remove everything you don't need.... Via ADD/REMOVE programs. Be sure you have the laptop plugged into AC when using JK so the power plan will be optimized.
Thanks for the reply after doing some research it looks like a solid state drive actually yields considerably more performance boost than memory..... with jamkazam open and a couple of other small programs the Laptop was using about 3.7 gigs of memory so I uninstalled a couple of things that I don't use like Skype and improved that .....
looks like about 2.5 gigs in use now.... It's running windows 10 64 bit.. It's probably good enough as it is but I'm leaning more towards the solid state drive than memory right now
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786QNS9B?tag...0f30992db1
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
There are several bottle necks but i posted this a while back. It's how I run my session and i haven't looked back

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...t=bootable
For basic IT advice on this .... apps ‘run faster in memory’..... so making changes to ensure that JamKazam is running in memory is going to help. Hard Disk drives always run slower than ram ... although solid state drives are much faster than the older ones.

Since JamKazam stores local recordings to provide a buffer ....(in your ‘music folder’) .... and since those recordings are ~ 50Mb for 5 minutes per track ..... they are going to use your disk drive.

So, I would suggest a big solid state drive and plenty of ‘fast memory’ are going to give you more than a ‘fast processor’ (since ‘fast, low latency, audio interface’ was not in the list)