• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teething Problems
Here is a copy of an e-mail that I sent to support@jamkazam today:

Dear support team,

The current Covid-19 pandemic makes JamKazam even more desirable for musicians stuck at home. I have joined and can access my account.

Your Forum states that you have many new users which, it appears, could be overloading your servers. I have experienced the following problems:
  • Unreliable network tests and/or time-outs. I have checked the stability and download/upload speeds of my system. It is connected to the UK Virgin Media cable network. Typical download speeds are greater than 100 Mb/s; upload speeds vary between 5 to 47 Mb/s. I have an ethernet connection to my router.

Running continuous one-second interval ping tests gave the following results:

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8: Packets: Sent = 5030, Received = 5030, Lost = 0 (0% loss).
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 46ms, Average = 20ms.
    I stopped the test after 5030 seconds (approx. 1 hour and 24 minutes).

• I have a local musician friend, also with excellent broadband, who has joined JamKazam. She does not appear as a Musician (user?) when I search for her in the teal-coloured side-bar at the right-hand of the screen. I'm not sure if she sees my name when searching.
  • I made a 'typo' when entering my identification e-mail address. I logged-in using this and my password. I updated the address, and I received a message saying that a confirmation e-mail had been sent to the new address. The message never arrived. I have tried this several times, with the same result. Although I can still log-in as before, my account details have not been updated on your server.
  • I thought it would be more friendly to replace the anonymous 'grey avatar', and have a 'mugshot' instead. It is a small JPG 45.3 KB in size. When I tried to upload it, I received this error:

App: AhUoVoBZSLirP3esyCl7Zz exceeds the limit.
I like the idea of JamKazam and there are many positive reviews on your website.

Unfortunately, in its present state, Jamkazam is totally unusable!

Hopefully, you will be able to help me make JamKazam operational. It is a great idea!

Kind regards,

Stephen Marlowe
+1
(plus 1, to make it long enough, doh!)
Many of us share the same frustration, but are hopeful Smile

Here's how we can help!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving
JamKazam IS operational.

JamKazam IS totally usable!

It is NOT just a good idea.

Of course, JamKazam may not be operational - for you.

And that it is useless - for you.

Your story is just one of many - an anecdote.

But a swallow does no summer, as we all know.

JamKazam is operationel for thousands of people.

And it is useable for thousands.

It is NOT just a good idea,

Dont run with falsehoods