• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best audio interface?
I just started using Jamkazam.  I have to say that what is happening here is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.  How on earth is it free.  I will be donating, because this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

I'm trying to bring my group of musicians over to JK.  Needless to say they are old school.  Audio interfaces are not their thing.  Singing and playing they rock at.  I'm going to try to handle the technical side for them and buy them an Audio Interface. In most cases it will be a single instrument (guitar, bass) or a single singer.  Since I'll be flipping the bill for the hardware, what's the cheapest one or two input interface that works well with Jamkazam.  I see a lot of forum posts about problems with specific focusrite hardware.  What would you buy if you wanted it to work and save money?

Thanks!!
(06-20-2020, 11:56 PM)Netdawg Wrote: I just started using Jamkazam.  I have to say that what is happening here is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.  How on earth is it free.  I will be donating, because this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

I'm trying to bring my group of musicians over to JK.  Needless to say they are old school.  Audio interfaces are not their thing.  Singing and playing they rock at.  I'm going to try to handle the technical side for them and buy them an Audio Interface. In most cases it will be a single instrument (guitar, bass) or a single singer.  Since I'll be flipping the bill for the hardware, what's the cheapest one or two input interface that works well with Jamkazam.  I see a lot of forum posts about problems with specific focusrite hardware.  What would you buy if you wanted it to work and save money?

Thanks!!

Hi,
here is a list, where all audio interfaces which work with jk. https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=196
Personally I would recommend the Beringer UMC202HD, which works pretty well and provides low latency. And it's inexpensive too.

Edit: It is also worth testing the internal sound card of your computer (Microphone in, Speaker out/Headphone out). If it works properly you don't need an audio interface at all.
It is impossible to use JamKazam without a audio interface.

There must be either an audio interface inside the computer or an external one.
In any case, it does not go without

Sound card = audio interface
Audio interface = sound card

BABBLE CONFUSION!
> https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=429

Internal audio interfaces / sound card can work.

But generally they have lower sound quality, higher latency and only one or maybe two input. And for laptops a (lousy) microphone, usually