• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Blue Yeti USB mic in Windows 10
I am working with a small group of classical musician friends who all have somewhat different setups.  All but one are in Mac IOS (3 have iMacs, one has MacBook Pro).  Our clarinetist is on a Windows 10 machine.  As the "leader" of this $ndig, I have all of these systems and have been working on the playbook for my folks to get set up.  

I have had good success in getting the Mac IOS machines up and running using both Digital Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlet Solo and 2i2) and the Blue Yeti USB mic.  Latency is acceptable and I have had sessions with a couple of these people that worked OK (some issues, but that will be for later).

I am running into a problem using he Blue Yeti with Windows 10.  Latency is stubbornly at 20mbs.  Can't seem to get any of the normal adjustments to make any differences.  Has anybody run into this and solved it?

Thanks!

Mike
(06-20-2020, 08:57 PM)Oboist Wrote: I am working with a small group of classical musician friends who all have somewhat different setups.  All but one are in Mac IOS (3 have iMacs, one has MacBook Pro).  Our clarinetist is on a Windows 10 machine.  As the "leader" of this $ndig, I have all of these systems and have been working on the playbook for my folks to get set up.  

I have had good success in getting the Mac IOS machines up and running using both Digital Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlet Solo and 2i2) and the Blue Yeti USB mic.  Latency is acceptable and I have had sessions with a couple of these people that worked OK (some issues, but that will be for later).

I am running into a problem using he Blue Yeti with Windows 10.  Latency is stubbornly at 20mbs.  Can't seem to get any of the normal adjustments to make any differences.  Has anybody run into this and solved it?

Thanks!

Mike
Are you using a good ASIO audio driver with that mic in your Windows 10 system? If not you need to. Try the free ASIO4ALL driver and be sure to select it in the JK audio profile.

http://www.asio4all.org/downloads_11/ASI...nglish.exe
ASIO4ALL is not a ASIO driver. It is a kind of advanced WDM driver. In some cases worse or not better than WDM - according to posts here in this forum.

Many people all over the WEB is complaining about latency with Blue Yeti USB mic. 500 milliseconds in some cases (sic!)
(06-23-2020, 11:31 AM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: ASIO4ALL is not a ASIO driver. It is a kind of advanced WDM driver. In some cases worse or not better than WDM - according to posts here in this forum.

Many people all over the WEB is complaining about latency with Blue Yeti USB mic. 500 milliseconds in some cases (sic!)
Regardless, try that driver as it's the only option you may have.
(06-23-2020, 08:55 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 11:31 AM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: ASIO4ALL is not a ASIO driver. It is a kind of advanced WDM driver. In some cases worse or not better than WDM - according to posts here in this forum.

Regardless, try that driver as it's the only option you may have.
Thank you, Everybody, for the advice.  The good news here is that the only Windows 10 machine in the group is a guy who has a Focusrite setup.  I am trying to solve this thing just in case it comes up as we build out.  I'll add to this when I have played around a bit more with it.  Again, many thanks!
Blue Yeti is maybe mentioned in other threads.
Here is at least the search result for "Blue Yeti".
> https://forum.jamkazam.com/search.php?ac...order=desc
Here's an update for you all. I installed the ASIO4ALL driver and I understand how it should work. As it turns out, there is NO sample rate in ASIO4ALL dashboard that allows the Blue Yeti to become active. Sometimes. That's right. It's intermittent. Even so, latency comes in at more than 200mbs. Using the WDM gives a much better result of latency in the 20mbs range. This is how it seems to work in Windows 10. In Mac IOS, it works just fine, straight out of the box.

I have had significant headwinds in working with Windows 10, even using the Focusrite interfaces. Overall latency issues in Windows seem to be baked in. Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Mike Bernard
(06-28-2020, 06:22 PM)Oboist Wrote: Here's an update for you all.  I installed the ASIO4ALL driver and I understand how it should work.  As it turns out, there is NO sample rate in ASIO4ALL dashboard that allows the Blue Yeti to become active.  Sometimes.  That's right.  It's intermittent.  Even so, latency comes in at more than 200mbs.  Using the WDM gives a much better result of latency in the 20mbs range.  This is how it seems to work in Windows 10.  In Mac IOS, it works just fine, straight out of the box. 

I have had significant headwinds in working with Windows 10, even using the Focusrite interfaces.  Overall latency issues in Windows seem to be baked in.  Am I wrong?

Thanks!

Mike Bernard
Luckily for us Windows users this isn't true. I've used three different audio interfaces with Windows 10, all of which were capable of less than 4 msec of latency. These were from MOTU, PROSONUS and Steinberg.