• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a dream.....
I fully agree with you and Chris Frost. There are no "zero latency" interfaces and even if they existed they would not be necessary. In fact, I wrote that all interfaces with their own latency below 10 ms are fine and there are also many very chip available. For example, like many others, I own a Behringer UMC202HD which is inexpensive and which (according to Jamkazam) has a latency of 4.2 ms. Aren't they really 4.2 but 6-8 ms? It's okay anyway. But when I enter a session and check the latency of the other musicians I sometimes see 20-30 ms audio gear latency. But what do they use? How did they connect the musical instrument to the PC? Have they not understood that in this way it cannot work?
And then there is the internet connection. There are the very high values of those who live in another continent that are inevitable for physical reasons (my personal opinion is that to date there are still no technological conditions to play on the net when the distances are excessive and that it would be better in most cases to avoid it. it's just my opinion). But if you live in the same continent, even in different countries, you can keep total latency within values that create the conditions for playing in a realistic way. It is not so difficult to remain in the "yellow" range (35 ms) . There is no need to be with a "green" total latency (it is very very rare). To do this you just need a modern internet connection. There is no need for a super connection. A normal one is enough ... that works well (strictly with LAN cable!). But it seems that many have not yet understood it.
Who of you usually plays in a band could go to rehearsals without their musical instrument? Absolutely not . It's clear.
For the same reason, those who want to play in Jamkazam must have the technology to have an acceptable total latency because the interface and internet connection are one with the musical instrument. If you want to play on the net they are an inseparable part of your musical instrument.
It is not mandatory to play in Jamkazam. You may not do it, but if you want to do it, put yourself in a position to do it well. This is just my opinion. But maybe I'm wrong ...  Best regards friends.

Messages In This Thread
I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-18-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-18-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Chris Frost - 06-19-2020, 08:25 AM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 05:41 AM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-20-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by GDJ - 06-20-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-20-2020, 05:06 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by GDJ - 06-20-2020, 06:51 PM