• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latency help
Just getting started with JK.
Trying to get a good connection for jamming with my friends. 
Imac computer,  Focusrite Scarlett Solo, ethernet connection.
When I set up the audio in Jamkazam it says my two tracks look good with 13.11 ms audio latency but when i start a solo session to look at the stats, it says 43.8ms latency.
Why is that?   Would it change in a real session with friends?
What can I do to lessen latency in this system?
thanks
Bud
First: 13.11 ms audio interface latency is not good. It is not really bad, though.

But those 13.11 ms should of course be the same in a session.
No matter if it is a solo session or multi session.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something or you must explain better!?
Bottom line is that my latency is in the red..... just with a self test. How is this ever going to work with Jamkazam ? Both my friends are having the same issue and can't get any help. We've tried Zoom and that works quick and easy but we can't play together due to latency. We were hoping Jamkazam would be better.
Bottom line is too that you must explain your case much better if you want decent help.

One can not directly compare JamKazam with Zoom - it is another concept, simply.

And Jamkazam is not just better. It is in fact very good for `online jamming` - if you have the right gear, configuration and good internet connection.

LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY
> https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=171

https://forum.jamkazam.com/search.php?ac...order=desc
Hi Budha747,

Unfortunately those of us who simply want to be musicians often end up having to become technicians to get good results with JamKazam.

I suggest trying to check each component of the system. First of all check the speed of your internet connection (for me, this turned out to be the major problem). I think you said you have a wired connection to your router, but check what else is connected to the router and roughly how much bandwidth is being used. Check how well your interface is working with other apps such as a DAW. Set up a JamKazam session with a band mate. Even if you can’t play together because of the latency, you will still get more information about what is causing the problem. Your screen should have a box with details of your band mate, including a coloured dot (probably red) that indicates the latency. By hovering over this dot, a load of detailed figures appear which tell you much more about what is causing the problems.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Steve