• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
All variations from 40 to 400 BPM of the metronome
Undoubtedly, after many tests, the metronome is the best way to play online with JK!

Congratulations!!!

Excelent idea !!!

Please, we really need all the time variations from 40 to 400 BPM of the metronome.

The metronome is definitely the right way to work remotely.
Undoubtedly, without a metronome, is the best way to play. Everywhere, by the way - not just JamKazam

The metronome binds to a certain tempo - it kills the music, in short.

And with a total latency below 30 milliseconds, machines are not needed at all
Rage the machines! lol

And the metronom sound it self sounds like crap

In a situation where a metronome is in some way necessary due to latency problem, I most likely prefer to refrain from participating. And save my limited powers for a better occasion.
I do not like it!

But of course it can help people - peace be with them!
With all the time variations from 40 to 400 BPM
I have always used Metronome in recording studios and live in medium and large shows and in all types of musical production that I have performed, there is no better tool for Drummers, Bassists, Percussionists, in short, and the whole group responsible for the rhythm in general for any style. and musical setup.
I really did many, but many, many tests ... remembering that everyone involved in my tests are music professionals and have lived on this for a long time .... I even connected 2 complete computer systems and 2 Thunderbolt interfaces in the same environment just for understand in depth the behavior of JK Metronome x Ping x internet latency x system latency and really + definitely “Metronome JK is the solution to solve sync online”, I'm not questioning my personal taste, there really is no latency when we use Metronome JK ...

I am a Sound Engineer, multi-instrumentalist musician and Music Producer for many years and
for those who don't know how to use or don't like Metronome, don't worry, Metronome JK is individual for each participant of the same session, if you don't like or don't know how to play with a safe and firm pulse that works or doesn't even need it just close the volume on your JK app and play, but surely if you play rhythmic musical figures of relevance to the music you are doing online without using Metronome JK you will be a burden to the other participants of your session .... but I guarantee that learning to deal with this tool is the future at JK .... it is the only way to work at physical distance and overcome the synchrony to be able to play online.

Any delay, even below 30ms, is fully rhythmically noticeable…. delay exists even a few meters away ... that is Physics (speed of sound = 343 m / s changes with ambient temperature variation).

Thanks to the developers + programmers + current computers + current audio interface + fiber optic internet systems we are playing music online using technology (speed of light in the glass = 199 861 638 m / s).

The reason why drummers, bassists, percussionists and all those responsible for rhythmic elements in any small or large formation stand side by side, even on giant stages, is to improve their synchronization… I already had to get around this problem for aesthetic and functional reasons in several places with wireless in-ear system (personal monitor in UHF wire where the electromagnetic waves propagate through the vacuum with a finite speed around 300 000 k / s) for each musician and it works well, but nothing beats proximity x accuracy.

With the JK metronome working with the transmission of commands linked to a central clock on the general server (via the Internet fiber optic = speed of light on the glass = 199 861 638 m / s) that are immediately received by the JK applications plugged in the same session and make each metronome of the session individually synchronized, thus generating a safe pulse…. there is no audio converter or any type of processing that generates latencies in this metronome signal ... the result of this is very exciting, precise and musical, it is as if all the musicians were really playing in the same environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfz1b91liW4&t=313s

Finally ... I hope a lot, a lot more that the developers of "Metronome JK" update the tool and focus with "urgency to put a greater number of rhythmic divisions from 40 to 400 BPM", so we will definitely have a solution to play synchronized .
(06-14-2020, 02:09 PM)Mendes Jr Wrote: I have always used Metronome in recording studios and live in medium and large shows and in all types of musical production that I have performed, there is no better tool for Drummers, Bassists, Percussionists, in short, and the whole group responsible for the rhythm in general for any style. and musical setup.
I really did many, but many, many tests ... remembering that everyone involved in my tests are music professionals and have lived on this for a long time .... I even connected 2 complete computer systems and 2 Thunderbolt interfaces in the same environment just for understand in depth the behavior of JK Metronome x Ping x internet latency x system latency and really + definitely “Metronome JK is the solution to solve sync online”, I'm not questioning my personal taste, there really is no latency when we use Metronome JK ...

I am a Sound Engineer, multi-instrumentalist musician and Music Producer for many years and
for those who don't know how to use or don't like Metronome, don't worry, Metronome JK is individual for each participant of the same session, if you don't like or don't know how to play with a safe and firm pulse that works or doesn't even need it just close the volume on your JK app and play, but surely if you play rhythmic musical figures of relevance to the music you are doing online without using Metronome JK you will be a burden to the other participants of your session .... but I guarantee that learning to deal with this tool is the future at JK .... it is the only way to work at physical distance and overcome the synchrony to be able to play online.

Any delay, even below 30ms, is fully rhythmically noticeable…. delay exists even a few meters away ... that is Physics (speed of sound = 343 m / s changes with ambient temperature variation).

Thanks to the developers + programmers + current computers + current audio interface + fiber optic internet systems we are playing music online using technology (speed of light in the glass = 199 861 638 m / s).

The reason why drummers, bassists, percussionists and all those responsible for rhythmic elements in any small or large formation stand side by side, even on giant stages, is to improve their synchronization… I already had to get around this problem for aesthetic and functional reasons in several places with wireless in-ear system (personal monitor in UHF wire where the electromagnetic waves propagate through the vacuum with a finite speed around 300 000 k / s) for each musician and it works well, but nothing beats proximity x accuracy.

With the JK metronome working with the transmission of commands linked to a central clock on the general server (via the Internet fiber optic = speed of light on the glass = 199 861 638 m / s) that are immediately received by the JK applications plugged in the same session and make each metronome of the session individually synchronized, thus generating a safe pulse…. there is no audio converter or any type of processing that generates latencies in this metronome signal ... the result of this is very exciting, precise and musical, it is as if all the musicians were really playing in the same environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfz1b91liW4&t=313s

Finally ... I hope a lot, a lot more that the developers of "Metronome JK" update the tool and focus with "urgency to put a greater number of rhythmic divisions from 40 to 400 BPM", so we will definitely have a solution to play synchronized .

>>>
Mendes Jr.
It's great to have an opinion. It is also fine to share your opinion.
What's not so cool is when you start claiming that - your opinion - is the one and only truth.
Because, and you'll have to trust me on this, it is NOT!

It's great for you, if you find comfort in doing what you do and performing all these tests - for you!
But, and you're gonna have to trust me on this one again, most - also professional - musicians do not! perform with the aid of a metronome.
It's a great practice tool - for some.

With the latency - way under 20ms! - we are getting lately, there is absolutely no need for a metronome "to play synchronized". It's just disturbing.

You do your thing, that's fine!
Let others do theirs, that's also fine.
"... that everyone involved in my tests are music professionals and have lived on this for a long time ..."!?
"I am a Sound Engineer, multi-instrumentalist musician and Music Producer for many years ... "!?

These circumstances are not arguments. as such.
As such, they have no bearing on the debate about what is good and bad about metronomes
But as mentioned, they are just circumstances and nothing else.
I'm using Google Translator and this may have seemed offensive or rude, I'm sorry is not my intention…

This “Metronome Jk” tool has been used a lot by me and by the musicians I know and my only goal is to humbly request improvements in Metronome JK tool.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear but this is my personal opinion based on my use of the software…
I mentioned “music professionals” because they have more time dedicated to this function and consequently to the tests performed, as well as to the more detailed musical perception…

I mentioned my work in the area just to shorten my doubts about the veracity of the tests I performed…

My intention was never to create discomfort, we are here to help us ...

The technical information mentioned is in the public domain, I mentioned speeds and technical data related to "my experience" and with scientific proof of transmission speed in numbers ... anyone who wants to check it out on Google ...
or even easier, follow the link from "JamKazam" from 16 March 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfz1b91liW4&t=15s

This Video briefly exposes the functionality of the tool, which in my opinion is spectacular.

I respect the "personal" opinion of each member of this forum, but I still look forward to improvements in the time subdivisions from 40 to 400 BPM, as I have been using the resource with total success for some time, just need more BPM options ...

I would like to congratulate the team on Jamkazam for all the tool itself but especially this metronome feature that is sensational ...
In fact, I think it's a good idea to improve the metronome.
So that it has all the time variations from 40 to 400 BPM.
There are no good reasons not to.
Now that the metronome exists and it can help people, it may as well be as advanced as possible.

I'm by the way using Google Translator, too

Other people, by the way, have also asked for an improvement in the metronome.
In other threads.
I will have to give the Met another try. A couple of months ago i posted some testing details about the DISTRIBUTED METRONOME, and at the time it was not reliable to Bind the tempo in sync between two players. Perhaps it is better Smile
I will add that there is one situation where I would agree to use the metronome.

It is in a dedicated teaching/learning situation.
The only contact we have with the software developers is right here? Is there any other way of asking questions and answers somewhere? Thank you!