• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK Facebook group went to la la land
This is a very useful forum, but sometimes Facebook groups are just too easy to use.  There is a group there on JK with over 2500 members but one of the admins did something, making new posts impossible.  That's the problem with groups that are basically owned by the original creator.  My view is that once a few hundred people join, it isn't yours anymore, it belongs to the public.

[/url][url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/369491023208936/]https://www.facebook.com/groups/369491023208936/
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
"sometimes Facebook groups are just too easy to use"!?

What do you mean by "too easy"?

The facebook group that the link goes to, has for the moment 109 members. Not over 2500. Or what are you talking about?
Link got jacked up. It's called Jamkazam Jammers. This forum is easy enough to use. I use it and will continue to . Just saying since you already have facebook on your laptop, tablet, phone, it's another resource and it was a shame to see 2,500 people cut off from that group, whether accidentally or on purpose.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/369491023208936/

Looks like the admin just figured out his setting screw up.
It is not as such a problem that groups are "owned by the original creator"
Just saying that once you have a lot of active members, shutting it down because " I want to hang out in Cabo for six months" or whatever doesn't seem appropriate. FB should require larger groups to be handed off to other admins. In this case it was just a mistake in settings. It might pay to think twice about a group that only had one admin ( this one has four right now )
What is the meaning of "la la land"?

There are 3 admins for the moment - it seems.

I have also been a member of that group.
It was something boring, I must say - don't miss it.
But the group may of course have changed for the better.
That may be the case.
LOL la la land is a place outside of reality. crazy, from another world or dimension.

Lalaland is a colloquial term for "being out of touch with reality," usually due to bliss or ignorance.

As La La Land, it is a nickname for Los Angeles, California.
No, FB should NOT require larger groups to be handed off to other admins.

Facebook should not interfere with that at all

Get out of my hair, Facebook!
I have tried twice to join that Facebook group JamKazam Jammers.
Without success.

I have now written to one of the administrators of the group, David Wilson.

Here is the text in the letter to David Wilson's Facebook Messenger:

Hi, David
I have requested to join JamKazam Jammers.

For approx. 2 hours ago.

When I looked 20 minutes ago there was no longer "Pending", but again it said "Join the group".

Then I once again requested to become a member, but 5 minutes later there was "Pending" again. Hm! Strange! Or maybe not!

Maybe you don't want me to become a member. It is an honest case, but then I think you can make it clear to me.

- Hans Peter Augustesen

I (obviously) have no plans to re-apply for members h ip to the group.
That would be totally ridiculous in a way.
Pending is normal ...most of those groups are moderated by volunteers who have full-time jobs.... I've tried to join groups and it wasn't approved for several days just be patient