• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jam Kazam not detecting Focusrite USB
Hi folks,

I'm trying to help a buddy get set up on Jam Kazam and running into an issue.  His Focusrite ASIO USB driver is not being seen by Jam Kazam when he tries to add his audio gear. Only seems to find the windows defaults. We have verified that he has properly installed his Focusrite Scarlet Solo 3rd gen, and that Windows 10 is using the correct driver. He can play his Bass via an amp simulator on the same machine with no problem.  I have the same exact setup as him and have no issue. Any thoughts?
Is the Focusrite Control software installed and running?
Is everything else closed?
and - THIS IS JUST FOR TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES - does it work using the WDM driver?
(06-09-2020, 05:23 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Is the Focusrite Control software installed and running?
Is everything else closed?
and - THIS IS JUST FOR TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES - does it work using the WDM driver?
Focusrite Control is installed and working properly. Windows says the proper focusrite drivers are installed and we have an amp simulator that works fine with the setup. Just not sure why jam Kazan doesn’t see it. Gonna try another laptop tonight
After screen sharing with my friend it appears to be a different problem than what I first thought. He is only able to open Jam Kazan from the email he received. If he tries to launch from his desktop, nothing happens, so it appears the issue is a bad install. Of the app itself..
check permissions of both the user and the application

you can try a right-click on the application, then select "run as administrator"
I think he might have been trying to set up his audio gear through jamkazam.com site ignoring the 'You must run the app" prompt