• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio drops out
Hi all

Having no problems connecting into the same room as my brother (who is in his own place not too far from me), but the audio is doing something weird! 

So once connected, I will be able to hear him for 8 seconds, then packet loss goes to 100% and it drops out. He can still hear me during this time. After another 8 seconds, his audio cuts back in and we're good for another 8 seconds. Like clock work. It doesn't matter who hosts the sessions. We have tried with the same ports, and opening these on both routers. No difference. We are both using Mac (he's on an older but very powerful Mavericks - internet speed is 153Mbs down, 433Mbs up) Im using WIFI as no ethernet port. but still have 95Mb down, 20mb up. network tests say I can host 4 audio and 4 video.....

At this stage I have no way of testing with ethernet at my end, but would that be the problem or is it at my brothers end?

he has notice the session at his end will sometimes drop and reconnect as well...

Thoughts?
TIA
(04-02-2020, 07:43 AM)xtremedays Wrote: Hi all

Having no problems connecting into the same room as my brother (who is in his own place not too far from me), but the audio is doing something weird! 

So once connected, I will be able to hear him for 8 seconds, then packet loss goes to 100% and it drops out. He can still hear me during this time. After another 8 seconds, his audio cuts back in and we're good for another 8 seconds. Like clock work. It doesn't matter who hosts the sessions. We have tried with the same ports, and opening these on both routers. No difference. We are both using Mac (he's on an older but very powerful Mavericks - internet speed is 153Mbs down, 433Mbs up) Im using WIFI as no ethernet port. but still have 95Mb down, 20mb up. network tests say I can host 4 audio and 4 video.....

At this stage I have no way of testing with ethernet at my end, but would that be the problem or is it at my brothers end?

he has notice the session at his end will sometimes drop and reconnect as well...

Thoughts?
TIA
Hi same here, did you find an solution? best regards, Willem
(04-21-2020, 08:09 PM)Willem Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 07:43 AM)xtremedays Wrote: Hi all

Thoughts?
TIA
Hi same here, did you find an solution? best regards, Willem
Nope, no solution yet
It's your wifi that is causing the packet loss. speed is a factor but packet loss will kill your connection. this technology does not work well with wifi
i use cable connection and same here.