• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Presonus usb96
I am new and when I try to text my equipment for latency, it doesn't even see my interface.  The detailed help link is down.  I have the Universal driver that comes with the presonus interface.  I cannot ASIO listed in any of the drivers in that Universal driver group.  What am I doing wrong?
(06-08-2020, 09:18 PM)Humbaby Wrote: I am new and when I try to text my equipment for latency, it doesn't even see my interface.  The detailed help link is down.  I have the Universal driver that comes with the presonus interface.  I cannot ASIO listed in any of the drivers in that Universal driver group.  What am I doing wrong?

>>>

Here you go:

https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioB.../downloads

NB - for Win10 grab the Win8.1 (64bit) version. That is also for Win10 (I know a little silly, but hey, at least it IS there ...)
I tried that Universal Driver with no luck.  At first I tried Win10 64 bit.  I just reloaded with  8.1 64 bit.  The result has been the same; JK doesn't recongnize my interface or anything plugged into it.  I have ethernet.   My interface is in a USB port, and my computer knows it is there.  JK only sees my computers built-in mics.
(06-09-2020, 12:06 AM)Humbaby Wrote: I tried that Universal Driver with no luck.  At first I tried Win10 64 bit.  I just reloaded with  8.1 64 bit.  The result has been the same; JK doesn't recongnize my interface or anything plugged into it.  I have ethernet.   My interface is in a USB port, and my computer knows it is there.  JK only sees my computers built-in mics.

>>>
So, correct me if I'm wrong.
You installed the dedicated presonus driver? (it's not universal)
Win10 recognizes your USB96 and lets you set it as default audio in & default audio out?

JKZ does not 'see' your USB96 when you go into the !setup page of your audio gear! and let it scan for 'new gear'?
I think you have it all correct.  I went back and check to see that windows see the USB96 as the source for audio input and output; that's correct.  The "Universal control" is what I have downloaded from Presonus.  It has a lot of drivers in it.  I am attaching a photo of what they offer.  The first few times, I loaded all the drivers.  This last time I selected one randomly.  I chose"Audiobox USB driver".  I rebooted and tried on JKZ again; It didn't detect the interface.  Could it be that I need to try each driver iindividually and reboot each time?

My Photo was too large, but here is a list of the drivers I have available:

StudioLive Series III USB Driver 
StudioLive AI/RM FireWire Driver
Quantum Thunderbolt Driver 
Studio 192 USB Driver
 AudioBox USB Driver 
StudioLive AR USB Driver
 Studio USB Driver 
StudioLive Classic USB Driver
 ATOM USB Driver

(06-09-2020, 01:14 AM)Humbaby Wrote: I think you have it all correct.  I went back and check to see that windows see the USB96 as the source for audio input and output; that's correct.  The "Universal control" is what I have downloaded from Presonus.  It has a lot of drivers in it.  I am attaching a photo of what they offer.  The first few times, I loaded all the drivers.  This last time I selected one randomly.  I chose"Audiobox USB driver".  I rebooted and tried on JKZ again; It didn't detect the interface.  Could it be that I need to try each driver iindividually and reboot each time?

My Photo was too large, but here is a list of the drivers I have available:

StudioLive Series III USB Driver 
StudioLive AI/RM FireWire Driver
Quantum Thunderbolt Driver 
Studio 192 USB Driver
 AudioBox USB Driver 
StudioLive AR USB Driver
 Studio USB Driver 
StudioLive Classic USB Driver
 ATOM USB Driver

>>>
I do believe you are missing a step somewhere.
Even without any of those Presonus drivers, JKZ should still find and work with your USB96 using the MS-Win build-in generic driver (WDM)
Are you sure you are finis\hing the Gear Setup in JKZ to add your interface?

The white 'down arrow' next to your login name and goto [Audio Gear]
Without this JKZ doesn't know what you have hooked up.
The problem has been I have been launching JKZ through Chrome. Launching it from my desktop makes it function. It recognizes my hardware and software. Thank you Dimitri, for helping me through. Looking forward to exploring Jamkazam now.
(06-09-2020, 10:47 PM)Humbaby Wrote: The problem has been I have been launching JKZ through Chrome.  Launching it from my desktop makes it function.  It recognizes my hardware and software.  Thank you Dimitri, for helping me through.  Looking forward to exploring Jamkazam now.
>>>
Good!
Thanks for reporting back.
Enjoy!