• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen - Many Cracks in the sound
Hi,

I‘ve tried all available Asio versions and drivers provided by focusrite for Windows 10, but I always keep getting a very crackling sound. It sounds like you’re scratching over a record.

The issue starts with the test sound on the audio gear setup. It already crackles. In the jam sessions sometimes it‘s better sometimes it‘s worse. But never good. 

I‘ve tried all different sample rates (mostly 96k as suggested here in the forum) and low and high buffer rates. I‘ve tried all frame sizes. I‘ve contacted the Focusrite support and JamKazam Support. 

Focusrite support says „Yes, we keep getting contacted by 2i2 3rd gen users with this. We‘ve reached out to JamKazam and offered them a free device so they can test and get it fixed.....but JamKazam just stopped answering our e-mails.“

I‘ve asked Jamkazam support if there is a known issue with the 2i2 3rd gen. They said they don’t know because they don’t have a device. Well, guys, Focusrite is offering you a free device. Just go ahead and answer their e-mails.

Focusrite support also says that they suspect the issue with how Jamkazam deals with ASIO Frame rates. While ASIO deals with „frames“ Jamkazam expects „Milliseconds“. (Or the other way around, don’t know anymore). 

1. Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?
2. Anybody an idea why the JamKazam Team would refuse to cooperate with Focusrite to sort this out?
(06-05-2020, 11:06 PM)Pelaros Wrote: Hi,

I‘ve tried all available Asio versions and drivers provided by focusrite for Windows 10, but I always keep getting a very crackling sound. It sounds like you’re scratching over a record.

The issue starts with the test sound on the audio gear setup. It already crackles. In the jam sessions sometimes it‘s better sometimes it‘s worse. But never good. 

I‘ve tried all different sample rates (mostly 96k as suggested here in the forum) and low and high buffer rates. I‘ve tried all frame sizes. I‘ve contacted the Focusrite support and JamKazam Support. 

Focusrite support says „Yes, we keep getting contacted by 2i2 3rd gen users with this. We‘ve reached out to JamKazam and offered them a free device so they can test and get it fixed.....but JamKazam just stopped answering our e-mails.“

I‘ve asked Jamkazam support if there is a known issue with the 2i2 3rd gen. They said they don’t know because they don’t have a device. Well, guys, Focusrite is offering you a free device. Just go ahead and answer their e-mails.

Focusrite support also says that they suspect the issue with how Jamkazam deals with ASIO Frame rates. While ASIO deals with „frames“ Jamkazam expects „Milliseconds“. (Or the other way around, don’t know anymore). 

1. Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?
2. Anybody an idea why the JamKazam Team would refuse to cooperate with Focusrite to sort this out?

Yeah, it seems that the 2i2 is one of the most popular audio interfaces out there. If Jamkazam can't ensure compatibility, how can they expect people to stick with them?
As the service is free, I guess they don’t care if you stick with them.