• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comcast Users with High Jitter pls read
Hey folks fighting with Comcast and high Jitter, High Latency and inability to connect to much....(This may help with other Cable ISP's as well!)

I've been working with my buddy going through option after option including swapping out Audio Interfaces, computers,  I/O devices, USB etc with no luck.......................I would see 40+ms  and jitter in the red constant from him.  He lives 10 miles away!!!!

First things....
  1. He has Comcast with 250Down and 10Up

2. He owns his modem which is provisioned and works normal on LAN in home - Motorola SBG6580-G228

3. Modem was acting as NAT for LAN behind a 16port Giga Switch

4. Computer was always hardwired to LAN

5. All USB Audio Interfaces (Scarlet, Zoom, Steinburg) would not perform with less than 20ms of latency and jitter through the roof to the point of inablility of playing.  (hes was that guy who would join a room and cause the session to crash and make us all reboot just to get back in!)

6. Anyway!!!!

After pulling our hair out for 2 weeks, i finally talked him into picking up a new Modem from Comcast (he was reluctant since he owned his own)  and he is PERFECT now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comcast gave him the XB6 Xfi modem which fixed everything!  Can you believe it????

Latency to him is now a constant 21ms!  Perfect for jamming......

Hoping this info helps someone out and is replicated as well!

Will
It's true that the ISP's hardware is optimized for their service parameters, and is managed by them, but you can still go the independent route if you choose to do so.

I'm on Comcast, but the only pieces of hardware here that are theirs are the TV boxes. Modem, router, switches, cabling - all mine.

And if it breaks, my headache, Fer Shure