• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard not recognized/sounding
Hi, I'm trying to set up Jamkazam on my MacBook Pro, but it does not recognize my keyboard. I know the keyboard works because it plays fine in Logic, and my M-Audio interface works too because I can hear sound in Logic through the headphones connected to it. But when I go to "live tracks" in Jamkazam and play a few notes, nothing registers, and when I try to record, the recording is just silent. Anyone have any ideas how I can get Jamkazam to recognize my keyboard?
Thanks,
Nick
(06-03-2020, 04:40 AM)nbridgman Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to set up Jamkazam on my MacBook Pro, but it does not recognize my keyboard. I know the keyboard works because it plays fine in Logic, and my M-Audio interface works too because I can hear sound in Logic through the headphones connected to it. But when I go to "live tracks" in Jamkazam and play a few notes, nothing registers, and when I try to record, the recording is just silent. Anyone have any ideas how I can get Jamkazam to recognize my keyboard?
Thanks,
Nick
>>>
Does your keyboard 'make it's own sound'? Or is it a midi keyboard using the sounds from/via Logic?
(06-03-2020, 12:14 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 04:40 AM)nbridgman Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to set up Jamkazam on my MacBook Pro, but it does not recognize my keyboard. I know the keyboard works because it plays fine in Logic, and my M-Audio interface works too because I can hear sound in Logic through the headphones connected to it. But when I go to "live tracks" in Jamkazam and play a few notes, nothing registers, and when I try to record, the recording is just silent. Anyone have any ideas how I can get Jamkazam to recognize my keyboard?
Thanks,
Nick
>>>
Does your keyboard 'make it's own sound'? Or is it a midi keyboard using the sounds from/via Logic?
It does both, but I’m using a midi connection to my M-audio box. In Logic, I play the computer’s sounds or run through my Reason soundbank.
(06-03-2020, 04:31 PM)nbridgman Wrote:
Thanks,
Nick
>>>
It does both, but I’m using a midi connection to my M-audio box. In Logic, I play the computer’s sounds or run through my Reason soundbank.

>>>
Okay, well in that case you'll have to tell JKZ where the sound is supposed to come from. 'MIDI' is not sound and not understood by e.g. JamKazam. So there needs to be a (virtual) link from your soundbank - as an audio signal - back into JamKazam. There are several ways to create a 'loop device', some soundcard software (e.g. Focusrite) can do this internally. Other options are soundflower (depricated), blackhole, etc.
(06-03-2020, 04:56 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 04:31 PM)nbridgman Wrote:
Thanks,
Nick
>>>

>>>
Okay, well in that case you'll have to tell JKZ where the sound is supposed to come from. 'MIDI' is not sound and not understood by e.g. JamKazam. So there needs to be a (virtual) link from your soundbank - as an audio signal - back into JamKazam. There are several ways to create a 'loop device', some soundcard software (e.g. Focusrite) can do this internally. Other options are soundflower (depricated), blackhole, etc.

Wow, thanks for the tip, I bet that’s the problem, I just need to send an audio signal. I’ll have to get an audio cable and see if that works.
since the last JK update, I have been able to add a MIDI track to my audio profile, then assign MTron Pro (a virtual Mellotron) to that track. (JK calls is a VST instrument, when in fact it is an Audio Units instrument, but no matter).

So in this regard you CAN play MIDI in JK. By combining the audio output of my Roland synth, and the virtual Mellotron from my MIDI track, I can get a crazy selection of sounds to play.
Thank you for the help! I connected my keyboard using an audio line out, and Jamkazam recognized it perfectly. I’m really enjoying using it, so thanks.
(06-04-2020, 03:44 AM)nbridgman Wrote: Thank you for the help! I connected my keyboard using an audio line out, and Jamkazam recognized it perfectly. I’m really enjoying using it, so thanks.
>>>
Good man!
Happy jammin'