• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MainStage and JamKazam
I was struggling to use JamKazam and MainStage together on the same Mac. 

Then Peter Walker suggested I try SoundFlower. I found it a rogueamoeba.com. It seems to have been discontinued, but there was a link to download the installer, which I did. 

It wasn’t enough. I also had to download and install SoundSource from the same site. This allowed me to create an output from MainStage to SoundFlower and use it as input for JamKazam. I then redirected JamKazam output to my audio interface With SoundSource and, voila! It worked!

SoundFlower is free but SoundSource costs $29 (US).
Could you explain the routing? I have Loopback, the Rogue paid-for update of SoundFlover and I still can't make it work, thanks
(04-22-2020, 08:37 PM)MarcS Wrote: Could you explain the routing?  I have Loopback, the Rogue paid-for update of SoundFlover and I still can't make it work,  thanks
Did you try making an aggregate device using your sound card and sound flower? It becomes one audio device then. I use it within MAX and my own channel can then also go directly to my headphones instead of through the app, so you don't have to play with your own latency.
In the aggregate device (audio midi setup): Sound flower channel 1 and 2, sound card channel 3 and further.
in Jamkazam: input channel 1 and 2 of the aggregate device, output channel 3 and 4 of the aggregate device (that is channel 1 and 2 of the sound card). Mixing different sound sources in jamkazam itself gave artefacts.
Soundflower is quite old, and I do not recommend using it...
HOWEVER another project (its successor) is called BLACKHOLE, and works VERY well... I Use it in my Aggregate Setups.
I also have LOOPBACK but found it introduces Additional latency whereas BLACKHOLE does not.

HTH,
~JB
(05-19-2020, 07:20 PM)jbuecker Wrote: Soundflower is quite old, and I do not recommend using it...
HOWEVER another project (its successor) is called  BLACKHOLE, and works VERY well... I Use it in my Aggregate Setups.
I also have LOOPBACK but found it introduces Additional latency whereas BLACKHOLE does not.

HTH,
~JB
Soundflower works fine with me but I'll check out Blackhole as well. I have the same experience with loopback adding latency.