• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network setup
Hi All,
Have just posted a reply but maybe to the wrong place. So here it is again. My problem with loading Jamkazam is solved. I contacted Apple support. Tech screen-shared and was puzzled because all looked ok. Then he found that although ' network settings' confirmed Ethernet connected, High Sierra was reading an old profile which did not connect! He then deleted this profile, I rebooted, plugged in ethernet cable, which was confirmed as connected and loaded Jamkazam without any problem. Thank you again for all the help.

(04-01-2020, 10:12 PM)ibanezrd Wrote: I'm running a MacBook Air and was able to connect Monday night and jam with a few people.  However, Since yesterday morning, I have received a "Reattempting to load www.jamkazam.com" error message.  Is this similar to your problem, @Terri 716?  Any thoughts, @JamKazam?
Hi Ibanezrd, 
Have just posted a general reply that might help. If you're still having the loading problem it may help. Its something I couldn't have seen re Ethernet cable. Good luck Smile
One other solution that took care of the Re-attempting to load JamKazam - go to your network settings, click on advanced -> Proxies, and make sure nothing is checked. If there is a proxy checked, uncheck it, and restart JamKazam. I have had luck with this solution.
(05-14-2020, 12:26 AM)kevorargh Wrote: One other solution that took care of the Re-attempting to load JamKazam - go to your network settings, click on advanced -> Proxies, and make sure nothing is checked. If there is a proxy checked, uncheck it, and restart JamKazam. I have had luck with this solution.
Thanks for suggestion. Thankfully problem is now solved as described in earlier post. Smile
(04-25-2020, 09:20 AM)ohrenundbeine Wrote: Hi all,

I'm so happy to see JamKazam help is now back. I've the same network issue with a CGN FTTH internet connection. I get a private IPv4 address and a public IPv6 address. So I'm not able to receive audio/video from others.
Is there a plan to implement IPv6 to JamKazam? 
If I disable IPv4 on my computer and only use IPv6 JamKazam didn't start.
My provider only gives me a private IPv4.
Thanks for your answer

Hello ohrenundbeine,

if sitting in Germany: I fixed the same problem this morning with a call to my provider (1&1), asking to deactivate DS Lite.
A friendly service technician fixed that in 5 minutes, while on the phone line. Router restarted.....worked.
My ISP offers a static ipv4 adress only with their business contracts (15€ up), but a dynamic (and public) ipv4 adress seems to work with JKZ.
(05-16-2020, 12:58 PM)Hardy R. Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 09:20 AM)ohrenundbeine Wrote: Hi all,

I'm so happy to see JamKazam help is now back. I've the same network issue with a CGN FTTH internet connection. I get a private IPv4 address and a public IPv6 address. So I'm not able to receive audio/video from others.
Is there a plan to implement IPv6 to JamKazam? 
If I disable IPv4 on my computer and only use IPv6 JamKazam didn't start.
My provider only gives me a private IPv4.
Thanks for your answer

Hello ohrenundbeine,

if sitting in Germany: I fixed the same problem this morning with a call to my provider (1&1), asking to deactivate DS Lite.
A friendly service technician fixed that in 5 minutes, while on the phone line. Router restarted.....worked.
My ISP offers a static ipv4 adress only with their business contracts (15€ up), but a dynamic (and public) ipv4 adress seems to work with JKZ.
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately my provider is "Deutsche Glasfaser" with good bandwith and latency but no public IPv4. This is only available in business contracts. Maybe a VPN between two JK users will work. I havn't tested that by now.
Watchout.....I had the same idea, as my ISP (1&1) also offers business contracts (15 € upcharge) with static (!) ipv 4 adress.
But the cost free switch to a dynamic ipv4 adress was enough to get JK working.
Hi,
Looks like I have the same problem. I activated an Eazy (Vodafone) ISP contract.
I just realized, it only comes with DS lite. No option to go to dual stack.
It would be really nice if JK could offer a solution for DS lite.
Gruß