• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Network Advice
texas-bronius Wrote:My experience: in one night, my tests tested favorably, failed testing, and experienced the “could not connect to test server” status. Shortly later that evening, tests were fine again. No configuration was needed on my out of the box, home/consumer grade  modem  nor router.

Now rereading: “Public IP” refers to your home/office network’s modem’s  outbound IP address. If you’ve paid for a status or have dynamic thru your  ISP, public is what you see when you present yourself to the WAN (the web). Check out  https://whatismyip.com/ for instance.

My guess is that in most cases nobody had to do anything with his network setup...
Unfortunately my experience is opposite, I am unable to connect to any partner, since the beginning I always get a No audio from partners. Talking with ISP the router has UPnP enabled, public access and udp ports set to 12000 and 12001, as requested somewhere in this forum. What should I do ? Please help.
(04-10-2020, 04:16 PM)penzo.livio Wrote: ... since the beginning I always get a No audio from partners...

And what does your Solo Session report? Does it work for you? I think that if Solo Session works for you, then the "no audio from partners" is on their end. Last I successfully tried (several weeks ago now), it all worked for me fine. Then, with no configuration changes, I tried again a week later with my brother and one other. The one other and I chatted just fine, but my brother could hear us but not transmit to us. We believe the issue is somehow on his end, but he's not been able to crack it yet.

Good luck -- write back with good findings!
(04-10-2020, 06:41 PM)texas-bronius Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 04:16 PM)penzo.livio Wrote: ... since the beginning I always get a No audio from partners...

And what does your Solo Session report? Does it work for you? I think that if Solo Session works for you, then the "no audio from partners" is on their end. Last I successfully tried (several weeks ago now), it all worked for me fine. Then, with no configuration changes, I tried again a week later with my brother and one other. The one other and I chatted just fine, but my brother could hear us but not transmit to us. We believe the issue is somehow on his end, but he's not been able to crack it yet.

Good luck -- write back with good findings!
I was trying to connect to a friend which is ok as he is able to join properly to any free Jamkazam session. The problems seems then on my side. The system message states the problem is on the router so I contacted the ISP managing the router and let him make the checks/changes required by the basic configuration I found somewhere on the forum (latency below 20 ms, UPNP enabled, public router,  udpport 12000-12001, of course LAN not wifi, etc.) but it did not help at all. 
Now I can try this Solo session, but could you please help me describing on how to proceed ? Livio from lockdown Italy
(04-11-2020, 11:08 AM)penzo.livio Wrote: I was trying to connect to a friend which is ok as he is able to join properly to any free Jamkazam session. The problems seems then on my side. The system message states the problem is on the router so I contacted the ISP managing the router and let him make the checks/changes required by the basic configuration I found somewhere on the forum (latency below 20 ms, UPNP enabled, public router,  udpport 12000-12001, of course LAN not wifi, etc.) but it did not help at all. 
Now I can try this Solo session, but could you please help me describing on how to proceed ? Livio from lockdown Italy
1. Open the JamKazam client (not in browser window but the real client!)
2. klick on orange/red square called create session ==> a new window will open 
3. klick on the orange button Quick Start Solo ==> and there you are ....

You should be able to see yourself on the column "my live tracks" and hear yourself and/or your instrument through the monitor ...
hope this helps,
Good luck!
(04-10-2020, 04:16 PM)penzo.livio Wrote:
texas-bronius Wrote:My experience: in one night, my tests tested favorably, failed testing, and experienced the “could not connect to test server” status. Shortly later that evening, tests were fine again. No configuration was needed on my out of the box, home/consumer grade  modem  nor router.

Now rereading: “Public IP” refers to your home/office network’s modem’s  outbound IP address. If you’ve paid for a status or have dynamic thru your  ISP, public is what you see when you present yourself to the WAN (the web). Check out  https://whatismyip.com/ for instance.

My guess is that in most cases nobody had to do anything with his network setup...
Unfortunately my experience is opposite, I am unable to connect to any partner, since the beginning I always get a No audio from partners. Talking with ISP the router has UPnP enabled, public access and udp ports set to 12000 and 12001, as requested somewhere in this forum. What should I do ? Please help.

UDP ports should be 12000-12010 !! So 10 in total, if you choose to use this range. Remember to tell the app to use these ports as well, otherwise it has no meaning to jkz that you forwarded these ports.
>Manage>Networking>Configure Port Preference> [check te box] choose your forwarded ports.
I've been using Jamkazam for weeks with great success. Low latency and all has worked fine. After the update this morning, I am constantly getting Network Packet Errors no matter what I do. System is unusable. All sessions stutter once two or more enter a room. I did not change any thing other then the update this morning. I'm running on a Mac.

Any one else have this issue? Not sure where to turn. Checked router settings, I have plenty of speed on my system both computer and internet.

Thanks,
Steve
(04-27-2020, 06:15 AM)stevant Wrote: I've been using Jamkazam for weeks with great success.  Low latency and all has worked fine.  After the update this morning, I am constantly getting Network Packet Errors no matter what I do.  System is unusable.  All sessions stutter once two or more enter a room.  I did not change any thing other then the update this morning.  I'm running on a Mac.

Any one else have this issue?  Not sure where to turn.  Checked router settings, I have plenty of speed on my system both computer and internet.

Thanks,
Steve

Same thing here, but happening already since update about two weeks ago Sad
Haven't found a solution yet.
(04-27-2020, 09:50 AM)Giancarlo Wrote: Same thing here, but happening already since update about two weeks ago Sad
Haven't found a solution yet.
There was a new update released yesterday I believe ... ?
Hi all,

I have the problem that I can't connect to your network.

I have an AVM Fritzbox as router, I have entered JamKaZam there and I have UDP enabled + port 120000
When I start the network test, after a short time this requester appears, see picture

In the Windows Firewall JamKaZam is also released, but I have a super fast line via cable

(04-27-2020, 09:29 PM)MuSociety Wrote: Hi all,

I have the problem that I can't connect to your network.

I have an AVM Fritzbox as router, I have entered JamKaZam there and I have UDP enabled + port 120000
When I start the network test, after a short time this requester appears, see picture

In the Windows Firewall JamKaZam is also released, but I have a super fast line via cable
Known issue. This network test never worked for me but JK is working fine.