• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples
As can be found in many threads on this forum and facebook as well:

Video will interfere with your audio. It takes up bandwidth and adds noise (jitter) to your connection which can (will) result in latency and possibly distorted audio.

A lot of people are very happily playing together - audio only - and are very pleased with this - FREE - effort to facilitate that in these harsh times.
(04-11-2020, 12:36 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 07:29 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote: I wrote earlier:
=====
I went through the audio gear setup again. I cannot see that I did anything differently, apart from also going through my Windows sound settings again. And I made sure that no JamKazam process was still running on my task manager, before restarting JamKazam. 

And now I'm hearing my co-musicians. I cannot quite yet believe that this will keep working. 
I will try out with my tango band members.
=====

I have had temporary success with my singer. That is not only could and can she hear me perfectly on JamKazam, but I managed to be able to hear her. Unfortunately that changed within a session.
We couldn't get it back to working, so assumed it might have been due to server overload. But at a different time on the next day we couldn't get it back either.
All the while, her signal was showing perfectly, just no sound at my end. She even made a recording in JamKazam where everything was fine at her side, whereas the same recording gave me no sound of her singing. (Hear my attached sample.)
Her latency with her Mac is at 11 ms which should be good enough. 
What could be the issue??
I can hear other musicians when i join open sessions. 
I have told her to try out whether other musicians in open sessions can hear her. 
I wish I had some way of making sense of all this. 

(04-17-2020, 09:39 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: As can be found in many threads on this forum and facebook as well:

Video will interfere with your audio. It takes up bandwidth and adds noise (jitter) to your connection which can (will) result in latency and possibly distorted audio.

A lot of people are very happily playing together - audio only - and are very pleased with this - FREE - effort to facilitate that in these harsh times.

Hi Dimitri, 

we don't use JamKazam Video, just audio. 

However, we have been using a Zoom video chat - on my phone and possibly her Mac - to talk and see each other while testing JamKazam. 
Maybe that could still interfere, as it goes via the same broadband internet connection? Could it be that her JamKazam is affected by Zoom running on the same machine, while my JamKazam is not, since Zoom is running on my phone?

Is it possible that Zoom is delivering us a perfect video and sound connection, while JamKazam cannot even deliver me a simple voice audio connection at the same time??
(04-17-2020, 10:46 AM)Pete Savigny Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 12:36 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 07:29 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote: I wrote earlier:
=====
I went through the audio gear setup again. I cannot see that I did anything differently, apart from also going through my Windows sound settings again. And I made sure that no JamKazam process was still running on my task manager, before restarting JamKazam. 

And now I'm hearing my co-musicians. I cannot quite yet believe that this will keep working. 
I will try out with my tango band members.
=====

I have had temporary success with my singer. That is not only could and can she hear me perfectly on JamKazam, but I managed to be able to hear her. Unfortunately that changed within a session.
We couldn't get it back to working, so assumed it might have been due to server overload. But at a different time on the next day we couldn't get it back either.
All the while, her signal was showing perfectly, just no sound at my end. She even made a recording in JamKazam where everything was fine at her side, whereas the same recording gave me no sound of her singing. (Hear my attached sample.)
Her latency with her Mac is at 11 ms which should be good enough. 
What could be the issue??
I can hear other musicians when i join open sessions. 
I have told her to try out whether other musicians in open sessions can hear her. 
I wish I had some way of making sense of all this. 

(04-17-2020, 09:39 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: As can be found in many threads on this forum and facebook as well:

Hi Dimitri, 

we don't use JamKazam Video, just audio. 

However, we have been using a Zoom video chat - on my phone and possibly her Mac - to talk and see each other while testing JamKazam. 
Maybe that could still interfere, as it goes via the same broadband internet connection? Could it be that her JamKazam is affected by Zoom running on the same machine, while my JamKazam is not, since Zoom is running on my phone?

Is it possible that Zoom is delivering us a perfect video and sound connection, while JamKazam cannot even deliver me a simple voice audio connection at the same time??

>>>
Yes, anything on the same computer using resources and bandwidth will affect your jkz experience.
Also: any traffic on your internet connection, also from other sources like phones and tablets, game consoles and other users in your household, will also add noise (jitter) to your line and thus affect your jkz sessions.

This ofcourse goes for any music-/audio- production you're trying to do, online or local, and is not a jkz flaw or issue.
But disabling video doesn't affect the buffer size - and this is what this thread and question is about... Does anyone knows a way to change the buffer size on a Behringer UMC204HD to more than 8 samples (ini-file etc...)?

It would be great also to hear the opinions of the developers about it...
I think i found a workaround. i would like 16 Samples but 128 is somewhat ok:

***Edit***
only works for me in the preview. -.-
live it is back to 8
I finally got my band members to work. They are no longer greyed out. I can help fix this issue for anyone who needs it. The issue with the ASIO driver automatically converting back to 8 samples is what I'm trying to figure out next. Sorry I couldn't help with that one.
I am facing this issue where the buffer size gets changed for my Audient ID22 to 8 Samples regardless of whatever i try to set in the audient software. Jamkazam just keeps resetting the buffer size to 8, which is too low for my CPU to handle and starts causing crackles and stuff.

Is Jamkazam even addressing this as bug or are they intentionally forcing all audio interfaces to go to the lowest buffer size possible? This is one of the major deal breakers for me when I'm trying to jam with jamkazam...
hi, I just bought a new behringer UMC 202 and happens to me also: it keeps on going authomatically to 8 samples, while I am needing about 128, so it is sounding terrible.
Any solution=?
THanks
Hi folks, I have the same problem as you, JK automatically sets my interface buffer size (A&H, ZedR16) to 32 samples and sometimes the audio beggins to clipping. But I discovered that there is a way to be able to work with such a small buffer size. For this, when we are in a session, we must go to "Manage" (located above, on the left of the screen), Audio Settings, Audio Booster. There we must deselect Audio Stream, also we can set the Music Bitrate to 128Kbit/s and we can set the Audio Frame size to 5 or 10. Determining these parameters helped my audio stop sounding broken, and then my JK issues were over. Well, I hope this information is useful. Greetings from Argentina!

We can modify the number of the framesize audio and leave it in a place where it allows us to have low latency and that the sound does not clip.
Same question here, UMC204HD on Win10, and nothing I do will keep the sample size higher than 8, always reverts.
I was helping a friend with their focusrite and no matter what we did it kept setting it back to *240*. We ended up returning it and getting him a 204HD (as I've had great luck/experience with the 240HD). We are desperately trying to raise the sample rate to see if that is the issue he's experiencing with drop outs when playing - thinking the extremly low sample rate is requiring too much of his laptop to keep up?
Hope someone has an idea for us in need. I too wish there was some ini setting that could be set! Smile