• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
latency affecting pitch?
So, last night jamming with a friend (been doing it on thursdays for a couple months now). Last night I set up a jam (Using my helix as audio device and set up usb outputs to independently send guitar out usb track 1, mock bass guitar (pitched down variax) usb track 2, and EHX mellotron usb 3,
successfully able to make separate tracks in Jamkazam...that way I can bring in final trks into DAW later.
Now for the weirdness. My partner is a keyboard player and when he plays an E...my E is almost an F in my phones. He hears my E perfectly. I get the latency thing in timing....but in pitch? Struggled all night with no solution.....anyone ideas? I checked and rebooted Helix, MacBook, replugged variax, USB, used different patch...etc. Latency was bad last night everything coming from him was stuttering all night...Oh, forgot to mention, his chat voice was pitched up too...I just thought it was his coffee.

Brilliant program BTW

thx in advance
Curios issue. For your Bass effect va usb1, what happens if you change it so it's sending a Dry signal only - without modulation Or, is the correct pitch heard for your example E?
makes me think of a sample rate mis-match. the difference between 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rate is a little more than one semitone, IIRC
(06-01-2020, 01:26 PM)GDJ Wrote: Curios issue. For your Bass effect  va usb1, what happens if you change it so it's sending a Dry signal only - without modulation Or,  is the correct pitch heard for your example E?
The correct pitch is heard on my end and matches the guitar. They are equally heard on his end, AND they are in tune on his end with him...just not on my end. May be a sample rate issue, testing that out this week...funny thing is when we use zoom, everything is correct. But JK may be more connected to the interface itself. I was using Helix floor and used another pedalboard in the FX loop of the floor. Helix is controlling the pitch on the Bass Guitar channel. Thx for the reply BTW

(06-01-2020, 02:37 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: makes me think of a sample rate mis-match. the difference between 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rate is a little more than one semitone, IIRC

Thinking the same thing...testing this week. It was not quite a whole tone so that make sense to me.
Thx for the reply
This is very interesting and maybe we stand to learn a new behavior when using pitch pedals. By chance do you have a stand alone Pitch pedal? I do and maybe this week will put things to the test to see what my music buddy hears.

By chance for your Bass, are you using the Octave effect, or Pitch fx?