• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audible clicks from Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen.
(06-05-2020, 05:10 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: in the JamKazam client, from the Manage menu:

Audio Settings/Audio Booster:
Music Bitrate - typically Auto Throttle, but you have 4 different manual settings. I use 320kb/s
Network Packet Rate - also Auto, then 3 manual choices. I use 400packets/sec
If you are in a session, such as a test session, you will be able to set your Audio Framesize. If you are not in a session you will see this value is blank. I'm running @ 1ms now, and thus far it's been stable for me. My Jam partner uses 2.5. We usually have a very good connection
Thanks so much; I'll try that tomorrow. Can you tell me if it matters whether you both have the same bitrate and packet rate, or whether resend matches those settings for you?

resync not resend
Some things I did to improve latency using a Scarlett 8i6.

- Set a higher sample rate within Focusrite Control software.  I am using 96K
- Once you change your Focusrite sample rate you must redo the Audio Hardware in JK.  Delete your old one and setup again.  Push through the process.
- Begin a JK session for testing.  You can view your performance ratings.
- Unfortunately, manually changing the buffer size in ASIO settings doesn't work because JK resyncs and reverts to a default setting.  Therefore...
- Open the Audio Booster panel ..... (Manage, Audio Settings, Audio Booster).
- Notice that changing the Audio Frame Size changes the buffer.  I am using 1ms, the lowest setting which gives me a buffer of 96.

The process above gave me a latency reading of 4.6. 

- Scarlett 8I6 (Gen 3)
- Driver 4.65.5
- Firmware 1605
- Windows 10
Thanks #yesnut . Still exploring; got my latency down to about 4.6 by installing a patch from Focusrite. Unfortunately I'm not sure latency is what is causing the clicks. Apparently some researchers at Stanford uni have said it's just something you have to put up with on the internet, but I'm still searching. I'll definitely try your suggestions.
(06-26-2020, 10:27 AM)Fill Wrote: Thanks #yesnut . Still exploring; got my latency down to about 4.6 by installing a patch from Focusrite. Unfortunately I'm not sure latency is what is causing the clicks. Apparently some researchers at Stanford uni have said it's just something you have to put up with on the internet, but I'm still searching. I'll definitely try your suggestions.

Yes, I am working on the clicks as well.  Just guessing here, but I think it has to do with the timing and conversion process as audio packets are streamed in.  Pretty complicated process and we might just have to live with the clicks for now.
(06-26-2020, 02:19 PM)yesnut Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 10:27 AM)Fill Wrote: Thanks #yesnut . Still exploring; got my latency down to about 4.6 by installing a patch from Focusrite. Unfortunately I'm not sure latency is what is causing the clicks. Apparently some researchers at Stanford uni have said it's just something you have to put up with on the internet, but I'm still searching. I'll definitely try your suggestions.

Yes, I am working on the clicks as well.  Just guessing here, but I think it has to do with the timing and conversion process as audio packets are streamed in.  Pretty complicated process and we might just have to live with the clicks for now.
I use Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen.  I had clicks originally - particularly when several were on a session.  I changed the sample rate from 44k1 to 96k - since I read that ‘96k was the sweet spot for Focusrite’.   ... I have not had the problem since.
Hi folks, I have the same problem as you, JK automatically sets my interface buffer size (A&H, ZedR16) to 32 samples and sometimes the audio beggins to clipping. But I discovered that there is a way to be able to work with such a small buffer size. For this, when we are in a session, we must go to "Manage" (located above, on the left of the screen), Audio Settings, Audio Booster. There we must deselect Audio Stream, also we can set the Music Bitrate to 128Kbit/s and we can set the Audio Frame size to 5 or 10. Determining these parameters helped my audio stop sounding broken, and then my JK issues were over. Well, I hope this information is useful. Greetings from Argentina!
We can modify the number of the framesize audio and leave it in a place where it allows us to have low latency and that the sound does not clip.
Hi, I've been trying to eliminate clicks on my system with Dell XPS13 i7 Windows 10 and Focusrite 8i6.

Using the LatencyMon tool definitely helped, along with always having the task manager visible to see which process coincided with clicks.

Biggest culprit was McAffee virus checker - real time scanning=> off, update checks => off and don't leave the UIF on display.
Found how to stop power management throttling back the CPUs, 
Stop the USBs powering down when not in use - this definitely helped!
Dell System update checking => off

Network drivers residual challenge, with ndis showing occasional long interrupt.

We are using JK for low latency sound, but combining with Jitsi for video of band and pumping into Zoom for gigs/church services.
A bit complicated but it all works, just about...

Good luck!
(07-01-2020, 12:50 PM)DCairns Wrote: Hi, I've been trying to eliminate clicks on my system with Dell XPS13 i7 Windows 10 and Focusrite 8i6.

Using the LatencyMon tool definitely helped, along with always having the task manager visible to see which process coincided with clicks.

Biggest culprit was McAffee virus checker - real time scanning=> off, update checks => off and don't leave the UIF on display.
Found how to stop power management throttling back the CPUs, 
Stop the USBs powering down when not in use - this definitely helped!
Dell System update checking => off

Network drivers residual challenge, with ndis showing occasional long interrupt.

We are using JK for low latency sound, but combining with Jitsi for video of band and pumping into Zoom for gigs/church services.
A bit complicated but it all works, just about...

Good luck!
Good work... Nice to see someone who realized they needed to tune their Windows machine for real-time audio support. Well done!