• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to backup/restore after system upgrade
I have JK running on my windows 7 laptop and I'm about to put a new SSD and install Windows 10. When I install JK again on it, I'd like to be able to just transfer my settings that are now working on my Windows 7 system. Where is that config data stored and can I just copy it to the new drive? Or is there a better backup/restore plan in place?
I haven't tried this but it is what my search for your problem brought up as a possibility.

PCmover Express, which can transfer Windows 7 to Windows 10 as it is. So you dont need to worry about the installation of files, password and many more.

Download the software from here and install it. The express version is free, while the professional version is paid. If you also need to move applications, then you need to buy the licensed version. The free version includes the transfer of les, Data, Settings, and user profile.

In the next screen, you get more advanced options, which include destination drive selection, settings for emails, wallpapers, desktop, application settings, and more.

https://www.technospot.net/blogs/windows...-settings/