• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
constant resync
I am in Atlanta the other musicians I was playing with last night are in New York and Minnesota.   i have a solid internet connection (220 - 250 Mbps download 10 Mbps  upload)  i am using a Presonus AudioBox iTwo.   I am using one of the connections for vocals and the other for an acoustic guitar.   In the last couple of weeks,  i get cut off and get a fast clipping sound that only stops when i hit the re-sync button. Last night this was happening every 20 - 30 seconds until i gave up the session.   

I went back in on my own and set a solo session and didnt have any of the interference.  For argument's sake i recorded the couple of songs that i did in this session , just so that i could prove i was going through the application   

Any assistance would be appreciated 
"solid internet connection (220 - 250 Mbps download 10 Mbps upload)"!?

Not totally solid. In fact, the recommended upload for full function is 25 Mbps.

But 10 Mbps is more than enough for 8 in session - without video, that is.

You should also make a PING test - very important
(05-27-2020, 02:47 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: "solid internet connection (220 - 250 Mbps download 10 Mbps  upload)"!?

Not totally solid. In fact, the recommended upload for full function is 25 Mbps.

But 10 Mbps is more than enough for 8 in session - without video, that is.

You should also make a PING test - very important
-----
I'd respectfully disagree about that stated uplink bandwidth requirement. I only have about 2mb up myself and have had a session with 8 other remote players. It wasn't great but it was workable.

Regarding testing your latency, don't use a ping test. It uses a dedicated router-based protocol (icmp) which isn't representative of total latency. Instead, use the latency option on the TESTMY.NET site.

Let us know how it goes.

Stuart.
Yes, a PING test "isn't representative of total latency" in Jamkazam.

A PING test is a important and informative general test for internet connection.

That "TESTMY.NET site" latency test is misleading.

It shows "35 ms Average" - for me

But my PING is actually 13 milliseconds

I also disagree with that recommended 25 Mbps.

I'm really only referring to what is being said by a moderator here in the forum.
Actually - I should have made that very clear before.

A convincing authoritative statement by JamKazam on the matter would sit well.
>>>
There seems to be some (or rather a lot of) debate about the actual bandwidth needed to have a successful experience with online jamming. Be it with JamKazam or any of the other options. Also the 'magical' 25 Mbps seems to come up more often than not, and has indeed also been mentioned by myself. Most figures are being mentioned as examples or guidelines for users to have a basic reference.
Mind you, the actual bandwidth you use jamming with e.g. JamKazam, according to whatever 'scientific' calculation one want's to use to gather that information, is not the maximum or even minimum you want to shoot for. Any use of your connection, and most people would be surprised by what actually passes through their wires, is in addition to what e.g. JKZ uses when you are trying to jam. So, ample overhead in your DL/UL possibilities is desirable for most users with any other network taxing equipment in their household.

Now, moving away from the mystical bandwidth issue for a moment. More important is how 'healthy' your connection is. How much 'noise' or jitter (latency) is being introduced by your LAN, your (any) WiFi use and the networking equipment between you and your jamming peers. Of which most is beyond your control ... .

And because of this "a convincing authoritative statement" regarding this issue would be debatable at best.
Yes, that is almost always the case with a "a convincing authoritative statement".

They can be debated - no surprise, it is totally normal
There was a time when a document existed in which David Wilson (JamKazam's founder or one of them) thoroughly explained what bandwidth required to use JamKazam.

Now that document no longer exists - it was lost last year by some kind of accident

I don't remember everything that was written in that document.
Among other things, he wrote that each person uploaded 0.2-0.3 Mbps audio data.

Obviously, that number is no longer true. Nowadays it is rather 0.4-0.5 Mbps.
What was written about video I do not remember

Regardless, that document was a compelling and authoritative document.

And I see no important reason at all for not designing a similar but updated document.
(05-27-2020, 12:08 PM)fletchersnga@msn.com Wrote: I am in Atlanta the other musicians I was playing with last night are in New York and Minnesota.   i have a solid internet connection (220 - 250 Mbps download 10 Mbps  upload)  i am using a Presonus AudioBox iTwo.   I am using one of the connections for vocals and the other for an acoustic guitar.   In the last couple of weeks,  i get cut off and get a fast clipping sound that only stops when i hit the re-sync button. Last night this was happening every 20 - 30 seconds until i gave up the session.   

I went back in on my own and set a solo session and didnt have any of the interference.  For argument's sake i recorded the couple of songs that i did in this session , just so that i could prove i was going through the application   

But - no one directly addressed the question - What  causes "constant resync"? Are you saying this is strictly a speed issue? A latency issue? WHAT??
I everybody

About every 30 seconds the sound of  my instrument become choppy and buzzy and i have to hit the resync button to solve the problem
I am in a private session with nobody else.

I use the rocksmith cable with a bass instrument

What can cause this problerm ???

Thanks
(11-20-2020, 03:56 AM)sctthffrbr@gmail.com Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 12:08 PM)fletchersnga@msn.com Wrote: I am in Atlanta the other musicians I was playing with last night are in New York and Minnesota.   i have a solid internet connection (220 - 250 Mbps download 10 Mbps  upload)  i am using a Presonus AudioBox iTwo.   I am using one of the connections for vocals and the other for an acoustic guitar.   In the last couple of weeks,  i get cut off and get a fast clipping sound that only stops when i hit the re-sync button. Last night this was happening every 20 - 30 seconds until i gave up the session.   

But - no one directly addressed the question - What  causes "constant resync"? Are you saying this is strictly a speed issue? A latency issue? WHAT??
Well, you hitting the resync button obviously causes the constant resync.  The issue is the clipping sound you hear.  It may be one of the other musicians in the session that's causing your clipping sound.  When you hover over their colored dot, do you see any red lights, especially any jitter - audio interface or internet jitter?