• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start a session
I scheduled a session and it's supposed to start in 7 minutes. But one invitee says she sees no invitation, and I don't see how to actually start it. Help, please!
(03-28-2020, 06:53 PM)dlmandel@gmail.com Wrote: I scheduled a session and it's supposed to start in 7 minutes. But one invitee says she sees no invitation, and I don't see how to actually start it. Help, please!
Hi there,

Could I suggest starting more simply?

Just use the QUICK START SOLO (if you want a private session), or the QUICK START OPEN (if you want a public session).

If you want to a private session + a friend, then friend the person at any time; friends can still see your private sessions (and only your friends), so it should be only as complicated as that.

1. Make a friend
  2. Make a private session
  3. The friend can use the FIND SESSIONS button to find your session.  There are lots of sessions now, so they may have to scroll some.
Update: I clicked on the "start session now" button, found a settings window and was trying to decipher how to use it when the whole app just shut down. That may be unrelated to anything I did but a result of the app lacking capacity to deal with so many new users due to "shelter at home" orders.
For future reference, a good online tutorial on how to use this would be nice. I appreciate the effort that apparently went in to developing JamKazam and getting the sound to work as well as possible, but it's really difficult to figure out. Thanks for any help.
(03-28-2020, 07:49 PM)dlmandel@gmail.com Wrote: Update: I clicked on the "start session now" button, found a settings window and was trying to decipher how to use it when the whole app just shut down. That may be unrelated to anything I did but a result of the app lacking capacity to deal with so many new users due to "shelter at home" orders.
For future reference, a good online tutorial on how to use this would be nice. I appreciate the effort that apparently went in to developing JamKazam and getting the sound to work as well as possible, but it's really difficult to figure out. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback!

The application is not without bugs; and because we use Windows audio drivers, 'driver bugs are our bugs', and are impossible to separate.  Still, this could be a pure application bug, and we do fix them as we learn about them. After a crash, if you restart the program again, it will submit a crash report to us and we do look into this regularly.

Could I ask what audio device you are using?

Seth
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using my Windows 10 laptop. I planned to move my router into the space I was going to use to play in order to have an ethernet connection but with all the commotion of trying to figure out how to open a session I didn't get to it and was still on my quite fast wireless.
So was I on the right track for actually getting into music mode when it crashed? Is there a video tutorial?