• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participants volume in session unmanageable
Hi

Hope you can help me understand how can following can happen :

I was in a session yesterday  with 5 other users who are in Germany (i am in France) and i wasn't able to lower/increase/mute the volume of 2 of them under Personal Mix

Also could you please explain the difference in a session of latency in personal mix versus latency in audio inputs

Thanks in advance !
Didier
(11-19-2020, 09:12 AM)jazzandlatin Wrote: Hi

Hope you can help me understand how can following can happen :

I was in a session yesterday  with 5 other users who are in Germany (i am in France) and i wasn't able to lower/increase/mute the volume of 2 of them under Personal Mix

Also could you please explain the difference in a session of latency in personal mix versus latency in audio inputs

Thanks in advance !
Didier

>>>
When sliders/faders/knobs don't react or function correctly, a 'resync' (or two ;-)) will usually solve that.

The latency displayed at your audio interface (local gear) is a 'measured guestimate' of your hardware/driver only.
'Total latency' displayed for a peer in a session is your 'local gear' + 'the internet' (LAN+WAN) + the 'local gear' from the peer you are looking at.
For this reason it can and will vary greatly, not just between the different peers but also per session, time of the day, etc. ..., for a lot of people.
(11-19-2020, 09:59 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: The latency displayed at your audio interface (local gear) is a 'measured guestimate' of your hardware/driver only.
'Total latency' displayed for a peer in a session is your 'local gear' + 'the internet' (LAN+WAN) + the 'local gear' from the peer you are looking at.
For this reason it can and will vary greatly, not just between the different peers but also per session, time of the day, etc. ..., for a lot of people.

Thanks Dimitri for your help, i guess you mean a Resync ? (i did that unsuccessfully and also restarted JK )

I'm adding that link too that i found afterwards that half-answered my questions about latency 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XZ5xoHdCw

Great video !
(11-19-2020, 10:05 AM)jazzandlatin Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 09:59 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: The latency displayed at your audio interface (local gear) is a 'measured guestimate' of your hardware/driver only.

Thanks Dimitri for your help, i guess you mean a Resync ? (i did that unsuccessfully and also restarted JK )

I'm adding that link too that i found afterwards that half-answered my questions about latency 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_XZ5xoHdCw

Great video !

>>>
Yes 'resync', sorry, I'll edit that. (too many different programs/apps/terminology)

The video does not display what you see in the current version. But the general info is indeed still useful.

NB - leaving a session and rejoining might help your situation where you're not able to adjust peers volume/pan/etc.