• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect live drums int JK?
(05-19-2020, 03:12 AM)Riddim1 Wrote: Greetings. I need some adult supervision, please.

I wish to collaborate with others on JK with a live drum kit. I have everything close mic’d 
with 11 channels running into Presonus FireWire.  I’m using Logic Pro 10.5 on a Mac.-_

My levels are set and I can get a great drum sound recording into logic.   However, I am not clear how to set up JK such that it receives this.    When I get to the set up page, it seems to offer the option of setting up two channels. How do I merge my 11 channels from logic into something that’s acceptable to JK and that will match the output that I would normally get from logic in a bounced file?

Please advise.

Thanks,

R

>>>
Sounds like a nice setup. A software like blackhole, jack, etc. and hardware with the appropriate options (e.g. 18in/18out) can be used to achieve that.
However, there is no need to feed everyone of your drum channels to JKZ. It will only clutter your screen, make things more complicated and congest your connection. Why don't you make a proper (stereo?) mixdown of your kit and feed those two channels into JKZ via your external soundcard/'audio interface'? A peer/other jammer will only get one combined signal from you anyway.

Messages In This Thread
How to connect live drums int JK? - by Riddim1 - 05-19-2020, 03:12 AM
RE: How to connect live drums int JK? - by Dimitri Muskens - 05-19-2020, 08:45 AM