• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct Monitoring and building up recordings
If  I do the following

1 Open up a solo session
2 Record a guitar part
3  Go to Audio File in the session and choose C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Music\JamKazam\Recordings\[Big number]\[Another big number]\RT-mix.ogg (ie what I have just recorded)
4 Record a second guitar part over it

Is what I am hearing in my headphones all happening locally on my machine and I'm listening to my machine? Or is it going anywhere outside of my house and coming back again? I presume it's the former.

When I get a link back from Jamkazam that it is mixed that is coming from a link on a Jamkazam address. Can I get someone else to add another part to what I have recorded so far WITHOUT ME SENDING THEM THAT FILE? Do I just invite them to a session and play it to them and in that process (if they record it and keep it) they will have a copy? Or is there a way they can get to the current recording I have got to. I guess what I'm after is me being able to do things in my time (sometimes) and them being able to add things in a time suitable to them. I know it isn't live playing but it is just working out how to best use the (excellent) platform as I want to use it!

Presumably each time a compressed file is compressed again it gets worse so the more times I do it the worse the result?

Messages In This Thread
Direct Monitoring and building up recordings - by Nick Blair - 04-29-2020, 10:32 AM