• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can one person's network/hardware issues kill a session for everyone?
Our band tried this from Peterborough area in UK.
Our drummer was some 30 miles away and our guitarist only 8 miles away.
The 3 of us all connected via fibre using ethernet not WiFi.
We could jam with the guitar fine but had almighty issues with the drummer who was using his windows 7 64 bit laptop via YAMAHA ASIO drivers for his Steinberg AI2 Audio interface. He oddly enough, had amazing all green lights in his session gear performance, but kept cra$ng out of the session with myself and my guitarist and we could only hear him some of the time and he could only hear each of us separately not all together.
I've got green lights on everything except 12ms latency on the audio interface.
I have 76Mbps fibre using a studio windows 7 64 bit PC (16GB RAM i7 quad core 3.4GHz) Tascam US-322 USB 2.0 Audio Interface ASIO drivers.
Guitarist is using a Windows 10 laptop (I think) and DSL cable broadband with ASIO drivers for his TC Helicon USB audio interface pedalboard.
The strange thing is, that I've had several very successful jams with people in Holland, and Illinois USA and recorded the sessions and had very satisfying results.
So maybe what's been already said in above thread is true....the round trip physics from UK to USA and back to UK for more than a couple of UK based musicians, won't work due to internet latency delay and packet loss, so JamKazam needs to get a server set-up in eg Birmingham so that UK users are not ocean hopping to connect with one another!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can one person's network/hardware issues kill a session for everyone? - by Tony Eve - 04-15-2020, 08:25 PM