• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam app crashes on startup
(05-02-2020, 01:50 PM)taylorgtr Wrote: Looks like it's Mojave / Catalina related. I went back to my 2009 Mac Mini running Yosemite, and it works fine. My iMac is 2013, and i was thinking of updgrading it, but that's an expensive way to fix the problem. Anyone running this successfully on a later-gen machine with Mojave or Catalina? 

....or do I have to roll back to a previous version (and what one - High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan or Yosemite)?

Data dump from the error is at the link below:

https://app.box.com/s/kuibliarptpskuwvu4zbqjzdviq50goc
I have been working with 5 of my musician friends (violin, flute, clarinet, cello, and piano) to get set up.  Everybody has different tech--go figure.  So far, three of us are using iMacs, the newest of which is a 2017 model.  First thing I did was upgrade the memory to the max.  On older iMacs with the CD drive, it's really easy--unscrew three little screws on the bottom, pop out the old memory and inert the new memory. For newer iMacs in the newer slim format without the CD drive, it is MUCH more difficult.  I was able to do it my self, but this is not for the faint of heart.  Memory is on the backside of the mother board--you have to remove EVERYTHING to get to the memory slots.  While I was at it I replaced the HDD with an SDD.  There are also a couple MacBook Pros in the mix that have been upgraded to the max as well.  The point is that you need to have enough horsepower to make it work.  There are GREAT DYI videos on www.macsales.com or you can get somebody local to do the upgrades that you might need.  Next, I made sure all of the machines were updated to the newest MacOS possible.  In the case of the oldest machine, it was High Sierra.  For the newer machines, it's Catalina. 

Added bonus is that the new Garage Band will will work with these newer operating systems, but not older.  

We all know that JK can be a bit buggy.  The idea of uninstalling and reinstalling the app is a good one.  May help a lot.  

I hope this helps in some way.

Messages In This Thread
Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by araulfiol - 04-19-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by JAMGK - 04-29-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by Oboist - 06-13-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by ekuryluk - 05-09-2020, 01:23 AM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by Cobbyco - 05-14-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by JAMGK - 05-22-2020, 04:38 PM
RE: Jamkazam app crashes on startup - by Fill - 07-04-2020, 09:55 AM