• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Internet Speed Do I Need?
(05-09-2020, 09:57 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-09-2020, 09:22 PM)Tim.brose Wrote: I appreciate but don’t fully understand the posts here. Perhaps one of you could enlighten me. I have a MacBook Pro with up-to-date software. I’m not using any audio interface at present. Internet speeds are: ping 19, dwnld 9.3, upld 1.5. Latency rating is 26 which means I cannot join any sessions. I have a direct Ethernet cable to my modem, which is fairly new. Does any know what I should do to be able to jam? Thanks in advance.

>>>
Your connection could do if no other computers/phones/tablets/game computers /etc are eatin' away at your bandwidth.
Internal notebook/laptop sound cards are hardly up to the task, although some tweaking in the client can bring that latency down a bit. But basically that's where the dedicated external sound card or 'audio interface' comes in.
Look in the published list on this forum. A sound card does not have to cost big money to get you playing online.

Tim here again: Dimitri, thank you for your help. No one else was using the internet at the time. I will definitely purchase an external audio interface if it will help, which I understand you to be saying. In my simple mind, I understand you to mean that the audio interface would take the burden off the internal sound card, thereby reducing the latency. Do I understand this correctly?

Messages In This Thread
What Internet Speed Do I Need? - by LeeBert - 04-17-2020, 01:45 PM
RE: What Internet Speed Do I Need? - by LeeBert - 04-17-2020, 06:11 PM
RE: What Internet Speed Do I Need? - by blandis - 04-17-2020, 03:38 PM
RE: What Internet Speed Do I Need? - by Tim.brose - 05-09-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: What Internet Speed Do I Need? - by Tim.brose - 05-09-2020, 10:35 PM