• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices
Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

I'm running a Windows PC, (Windows 7), and am trying to get JamKazam to work with the built-in mic an speakers (headphones plugged into jack - Realtek), but have not been able to hear any sounds at all from the JamKazam program. i am open to buying more hardware, but wanted to test it/ensure it works via built-in stuff first.

Outside the program, I have confirmed that my microphone and headphones are working (via a separate sound recorder program and normal windows sounds/watching YouTube videos, etc.)

Within JamKazam, I see via the light bars that my voice is being picked up, but I cannot hear any sounds. Not the sample "play" sound during audio gear configuration; not the metronome sound; nothing. Sometimes I see a momentary "Unable to open test sound. Contact support." message during audio gear configuration.

What I have tried so far:
- I have tried the trick mentioned elsewhere in this forum to close all other programs (including Skype, IE, etc.) and to uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option in the Manage Audio Devices menu for both the microphone and the speakers.
- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling JamKazam
- Restarting computer.
- I've tried different settings/sample rates/etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated; I miss collaborative music.
Also, someone who has this thing working -- At what point in the audio setup configuration process were you first able to hear yourself through your audio output device?

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

Messages In This Thread
No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices - by VocalNerd - 04-13-2020, 09:18 PM