• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private sessions
(04-10-2020, 10:01 PM)rmanasa Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:40 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 05:25 PM)rmanasa Wrote: Greetings -

I know you guys have a lot on your plate, with so many of us housebound for the foreseeable future, and I appreciate whatever help you can offer.

A friend of mine and I would like to set up a private session, so we can test latency, volume levels, etc. We have been entirely unsuccessful with this. If he sets up a session  - using, "I want to start a new session right now for others to join", and specifies me as the only person to invite,  and sets, "Musicians may join by approval" with the Standard legal agreement - the session does not show up in the list of Current Sessions. If he or I set up a session that is open to anyone, the session shows up in the list. Of course, then anyone can join, which is not what we want at this time.

I've checked the video on Creating a Session, but it's from 2014, and the interface has changed since then. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Rick Manasa

Hi, Rick! Does this session show up in the "create session" screen?

When rehearsing with our band only, and my bandmates usually do this from the "create session" screen with "start or schedule" button, then choose "start new session right now" page, fill out the "What Are You Playing?" screen, fill out the "Who Is Playing With You?" screen, choosing the JamKazam friends that are in our band and also making sure to UNCHECK the "Plus any interested JamKazam musicians that I approve check box, then on the "What Are Your Policies" screen, we select "Only RSVP musicians may join" from the "How will you handle musician access?" dropdown.

Hi Kevin -

Thanks for the  quick reply. The one thing we did NOT do was select "Only RSVP musicians may join". we selected "Musicians may join by approval", which didn't seem to restrict anyone at all from joining.

Once I figure out how to delete this session - it's not an obvious thing to do - I will start a new session from scratch and use the RSVP option instead. Any tips on how that differs from "join by approval" would be welcome.

Thanks for your input, Kevin. I appreciate it!

------------------------------------

RSVP allows musicians to be accepted into a scheduled session (Upcoming) in advance. Then they will be admitted when the session is started later, as 'RSVP Musicians'. Approvals are used when a session is in progress and someone wants to join, they can if the session 'owner' approves them via the generated Notification.  CPGleadall

Messages In This Thread
Private sessions - by rmanasa - 04-10-2020, 05:25 PM
RE: Private sessions - by kkriner@gmail.com - 04-10-2020, 08:40 PM
RE: Private sessions - by rmanasa - 04-10-2020, 10:01 PM
RE: Private sessions - by CPGleadall - 11-07-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Private sessions - by Patrice Brousseau - 04-17-2020, 04:04 AM
RE: Private sessions - by kkriner@gmail.com - 04-17-2020, 04:13 AM
RE: Private sessions - by rmanasa - 04-17-2020, 03:47 PM