• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland edrums without local monitor
(12-13-2021, 09:13 PM)SteveW Wrote: I would have thought that (as long as you've got 2 usb inputs to the mac) you could put the Roland into one usb and the MOTU interface into the other. Then plug the mic into the MOTU and the headphones also into the MOTU, with local monitoring turned off. I haven't tried exactly this set up, but I've done something equivalent, with guitar amp with usb output into the mac, plus Focusrite interface into the other mac usb input (with mic attached) and this worked satisfactorily. As Dimitri says, use JamKazam to close the loop--a private session for testing.
Thanks for this….but the Roland has an internal audio interface.  If I plug the mic into the mixer and audio into the Roland that is USB to the Mac, I dont understand what the advantage is to having the Motu involved anywhere?

Thanks for this….but the Roland has an internal audio interface. If I plug the mic into the mixer and audio into the Roland that is USB to the Mac, I dont understand what the advantage is to having the Motu involved anywhere?

Messages In This Thread
Roland edrums without local monitor - by Bigvic - 12-13-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: Roland edrums without local monitor - by Bigvic - 12-14-2021, 09:15 PM