• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JamKazam/MacPro buffering and releasing audio
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote: I am using JamKazam on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. Intermittently what happens is the outbound audio will stop for a second or 2, and then it seems to dump the buffered audio but it just sounds like garbled data. Seems like it's buffering and releasing for some reason. It happens intermittently every couple of minutes. Not sure if the problem is on the MacBook, JamKazam software or the Behringer interface. 
Any ideas?

Thanks

>>>
Hi Jim, my first thought would be your network/internet connection.
Do you have 'a reasonable and steady' upload?
Are there more users on your network? (e.g. gaming/streaming/etc. can cause considerable load)

Test (here:  https://speed.cloudflare.com ) what your down-/upload, ping & jitter numbers are. (trust you're using 'wired' network?)

(11-22-2021, 07:45 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote:
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-21-2021, 05:12 PM)jimlarsen@telus.net Wrote: I am using JamKazam on a MacBook Pro running OS Sierra with a Behringer U-Phoria UM2 audio interface. Intermittently what happens is the outbound audio will stop for a second or 2, and then it seems to dump the buffered audio but it just sounds like garbled data. Seems like it's buffering and releasing for some reason. It happens intermittently every couple of minutes. Not sure if the problem is on the MacBook, JamKazam software or the Behringer interface. 
Any ideas?

Thanks

>>>
Hi Jim, my first thought would be your network/internet connection.
Do you have 'a reasonable and steady' upload?
Are there more users on your network? (e.g. gaming/streaming/etc. can cause considerable load)

Test (here:  https://speed.cloudflare.com ) what your down-/upload, ping & jitter numbers are. (trust you're using 'wired' network?)

[quote pid='8834' dateline='1637583313']
Thanks Dmitri...here are my test results:

Download 59.5 Mbps
Upload 10.7 Mbps
Ping 19.1
Jitter 7.49 Ms

I am testing from Calgary AB...

[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
RE: JamKazam/MacPro buffering and releasing audio - by jimlarsen@telus.net - 11-22-2021, 07:45 PM