• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan
(05-08-2021, 06:56 PM)ARMCL Wrote: I also have had issues with distortion since upgrading to the Silver plan, which was the only thing that I consciously changed since I didn't even know about framesize etc before I had the distortion issue.

I hear the distortion in my earphones but my jam partner has no issues.  I found that setting the audio profile so that I could plug my earphones directly into the laptop reduced the distortion but did not eliminate it.  I have since been advised that the earphones should ideally be plugged into the audio interface.

If I set Framesize to 5ms it reduces the distortion but does not eliminate it. However the latency increases from 11.3ms to 19ms and I get a red button for framesize on my stats.
I had problems with distortion early on, but it pretty well resolved. My experience with distortion came down to two factors: 1) Originating performers running their source sound too hot instead using Audio Inputs in JamKazam, and letting others use the individual mix to control balance. 2) Earphones. I was using a moderately priced Shure set initially and had lots more problems than when I switched to a lower priced but clearly superior set.

Like others have described in this and other threads, we have had lots of problems recently with high latency and disconnects. We MAY have struck upon a solution and if this was known all along, I regret sharing old information. Our primary problem with latency has tended to be with one particular member. We have tried about everything we could think of (and some we didn't) including ARS. Our last session began as badly as before. We explored for 45 minutes. ARS did nothing to help. We finally realized that this member was the only member who never hosted a session. We disconnected, all selected ARS and under Connections chose Session Host, had HIM start the session, joined in and had no similar trouble for the rest of our night. Might be the answer, might be a fluke. Perhaps having your weakest connection start the session will help. I throw it out for consideration. We will try it again next session.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan - by lconway - 05-09-2021, 02:00 AM