• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting epiano via MIDI/USB to Jamkazam
(02-02-2021, 04:01 PM)jazzerone Wrote: This might be a stupid question, but why are you trying to connect your epiano via midi/usb? Why not just run your output into your audio interface, and connect that to your computer? What do you gain by trying to connect via midi/usb? I have a Roland FP3 and I run a 1/4" cable from the headphone out into either my mixer or my Focusrite (depends on where I set up), and then into the computer?

Not challenging you, just wanting to understand because I have a Kawai ES8 on my radar and am wondering if there will be connection issues.
Only a guess here, but it's probably the same reason I am doing the same thing with my e-kit.  I have a sound library in the form of Superior Drummer with several kits and choices of types, eras, and effects.  If I just routed output from ekit into the interface and then went that way, I would have a pretty bland sound.  I can very quickly edit busses effects and mixes on the pc and have them preset saved and ready at the click of a button.  I imagine this might be where he is going...
Californian, played for a few bands, a lot of genres and a lot of musicians. I have no "style", but I love playing music and allow it to conform me. Experience in sound engineering. A computer geek (certified btw) When I get the e-kit set up, we shall ride this to the end Irons Up!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting epiano via MIDI/USB to Jamkazam - by riboild - 02-14-2021, 10:31 PM