• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The timing is just terrible! (Fee-plan/developments)
Quoting last email regarding new developments:“In the process of taking two steps forward, we have basically taken one step back, and we know that this has caused connectivity issues recently. We released a partial fix for these connectivity issues over the weekend, but there is more work to do here. We are also acquiring a network emulator (using GoFundMe contributions – thank you!) that can help us create and test more networking scenarios that happen out there “in the wild” to make this feature set more robust and more reliable.

In addition to these issues, there are application crashes and quality issues that are caused by our “tech stack” – i.e. some third-party technologies on which our app is built. We need to update our tech stack, and this will probably require about 3 months, but once we’ve done this, the reliability of the platform will be much improved.“

So what happened? In July they asked for contributions und in order to make „massive improveements“. Then the app became more and instable and crashes a lot. And finally, when it seems that the improvements are about to be finished - JK becomes a service with a monthly fee plan. 

Now i am not the type of guy who wants everything to be free. I know that workers need money and webspace providers and whatnot also do. But the timeline is really fu***d up and so is communication. Don‘t tell us in summer that this is a community-driven service so you need us to donate for improvements and shut us out in winter unless we pay a hundred bucks a year. That is just not cool. 

Messages In This Thread
The timing is just terrible! (Fee-plan/developments) - by Askal - 12-16-2020, 06:57 AM