• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK running on Apple's new M1 processor macs
(05-06-2021, 09:32 PM)HelpMeIAmLost Wrote: Quite a late reply but since I just got my M1 MacBook Pro, I want to give my feedback. I installed the app right away to see any improvement from my 2013 MBP. When I saw the warning about Rosetta, I already thought this might cause problems already. As soon as I plugged in my usual setup (iRig Pro Duo I/O, Roland TD-17KV and wired internet connection) and opened the app, it immediately showed an error that it cannot close the" audio subsystem", or something like that. The error has 2 options: close JK and re-open it, and keep trying. Clicking on keep trying just shows that error again, while clicking on the other option just crashes the app and doesn't re-open it.

I'll try using the browser version of JK and hopefully it will use the audio gear setup I created from my old MBP, then see what happens. Though I just hope the developers will create a full M1 version of this app, then I'll upgrade my member$p again (went back to free some months ago).
 Try opening Garageband before starting the JK client. This worked for my Intel Mac running Big Sur 11.3

(02-07-2021, 08:50 PM)derhauff Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 10:31 PM)janwedel Wrote: Hi,

as mentioned before, "generally works" means, that the app works but I didn't test the actual session with others. So I din't know there are issues with the network.

I'm using an old Alexis I/O 2, connected via USB2. Didn't need any drivers. But I'm planning to try my M-Audio Project Mix as well to get lower latency.

a friend of mine has a new m1 maschine, he can not send sound, he can receive sound, but he can’t send, its the internal hardware minimal configuration, he is gold member. al other things include video connection works. but i can not hear anything from him.

hope there is soon a solution, but i like also to buy such a computer.

derek hauffen
An external interface is mandatory for anyone wanting to participate in a session. If you only have the built-in audio system, the best you can do is listen to other players

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK running on Apple's new M1 processor macs - by Zlartibartfast - 05-06-2021, 09:51 PM