• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK PLEASE RESPOND Connectivity / Dropouts / Crashes /No Audio issue rampant lately
The last few weeks have been terrible trying to use JK. People joining can't get in at all or get in and some or all of the other session members can't hear them. Players drop out either completely or audio only during sessions. We waste at least 1/2 hour with people repeatedly trying to rejoin, restarting JK client, rebooting computers, and closing the opening new sessions. If we're lucky we can get in 45 minutes of playing before something goes wrong again.

I play in 3 different regular groups and all 3 are experiencing this.

Please, I'd like to hear from JK itself. I am assuming that the defaults on the client are the settings JK prefers we use. 3 or 4 weeks ago there was a release that had Prefer Lowest Latency as the default. That week was the first where sessions became total disasters and we had to bail. A few days later was another release and a notable change was the default was once again Prefer Peer-to-peer.  So I must assume this was intentional from the developers.

A lot of forum posts are complaining about this exact same issue and every JKer I've spoken with BAR NONE are experiencing these issues.

I suspect part of this issue is something to do with servers/caches. When I am forced out of a session and looking to get back in, I see some of my session members in "other" sessions which is not the case and these other "ghost" sessions in fact don't exist. Rebooting the JK client seems to be the only way to clear this up. And then after that actually getting into my original session is still subject to all the connectivity problems mentioned above.

PLEASE JAMKAZAM - DON"T LEAVE US IN THE LURCH. SAY SOMETHING!

Fellow JK-ers. Everyone means well but please don't reply with second-hand anecdotes like "I heard some people have done this or that and it worked...". If you have first-hand repeated success I'd love to hear about your methods.

Thanks and I hope we can soon put this behind us.

Messages In This Thread
JK PLEASE RESPOND Connectivity / Dropouts / Crashes /No Audio issue rampant lately - by SammerJammer - 11-04-2020, 04:13 PM