• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Gear set up, step 5
(10-23-2020, 04:12 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(10-23-2020, 07:36 AM)hominah Wrote: New to JK. 

Windows 10, Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen, Vanguard V13 mic, fast ethernet connection, wifi off, all green tests and latency as described as it should be in the set up step by step article. 

All going as described until....

....in the last step of the Audio Gear set up (step 5), when it says to completely turn off direct monitoring (which I have done), and then it says to hit the Play button and you'll hear a repeating ding:  the noise I hear is a fuzzy almost non-pitched noise, sort of a scratchy sci-fi sonar noise, not at all a ding. Does this matter? What should I check? 

I haven't tried to use with anyone else yet, but am planning on trying it tomorrow morning for a lesson. 

Would record the fuzzy scratching noise and attach it, but I don't fully understand all the in and out routing I'm looking at. If it's necessary for me to attach, I can figure out how to capture it and upload it to this thread first thing in the morning. 

Any help or guidance appreciated. Above average computer literacy, novice to sound tech. 

UPDATE:  Thought I'd try it one more time before posting this, and this time I got a message saying, "Unable to load test sound, please contact support", with a link that took me to a salesforce page (https://www.salesforce.com/solutions/sma...e/?mc=desk) -- what in the hell??

Can anyone advise?
Did you run the recommended Latencymon app on your Windows host machine and show good results handling real-time audio? Are you using a powered connection (if it's a laptop) and not running on battery?

----------

Did not know about Latencymon, but just found and ran it -- I got a positive result. Yes, I'm plugged in. First real time JK use test in 20 minutes. 

I wonder if it was actually some kind of bug to the Jamkazam install, since I had been messing with the .exe compatability to try to make the app window content LARGER, since I can't SEE IT, so I uninstalled, got a new .exe, reinstalled, readded audio gear. The ding test still didn't work properly, but at least it was a fuzzy ding, instead of the app telling me it couldn't load the sound at all or playing some deep space communication noise. 

Messages In This Thread
Audio Gear set up, step 5 - by hominah - 10-23-2020, 07:36 AM
RE: Audio Gear set up, step 5 - by StuartR - 10-23-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Audio Gear set up, step 5 - by hominah - 10-23-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Audio Gear set up, step 5 - by Govinderjaya - 10-23-2020, 05:41 PM