• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 minutes to load app
I vented my frustration with JamKazam, particularly the newest Windows release, in another post a few days ago. After 4 reinstall attempts and numerous configuration changes of my audio interface driver (including reinstall) I was able to get back to a working configuration. Now that I am out the other side of this, I have come to the following conclusions:
1. While JamKazam does support multiple audio configurations with different devices, there seems to be the potential of those configurations to corrupt each other, resulting in no workable configs. Choose one audio device and stick with it
2. Failing or slow installation, or cra$ng or ridiculously slow app performance means it's time to uninstall the app (and likely the audio device driver) and start over. First delete the audio configs (if possible) before uninstalling the app. And reboot the machine. For me, this even included running RegCleaner to remove all references to JamKazam from the Windows Registry. Surprisingly, this does not remove your JK account or your friends/contacts; upon reinstall all of that info will be there.
3. Depending on your audio device, setting its sample rate will have to be done in either the driver app (usually running in the system tray), or some other audio app first, as JamKazam's Windows client doesn't provide a configurable setting. It will puke and throw a Windows notification that your interface doesn't work/doesnt support JK/has no usable sample rate/etc. The result is horrible metallic noise in the output, that basically means the app cannot commend the interface. Granted, there are a multitude of ASIO interfaces out there, but the ASIO standard defines the behavior. I have never experienced an audio app that has so much trouble driving ASIO devices as JamKazam, and I think this is their software's biggest weakness. It appears to cycle thru sample rates on the device trying to find a compatible setting, but I don't believe these notifications. I would recommend setting it to 44,100 KHz or 48,000 Khz first, and then launch JamKazam and see if you can configure the audio device.
Hope this helps

Messages In This Thread
30 minutes to load app - by mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-03-2020, 05:06 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by victor - 04-03-2020, 05:55 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-05-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by HellKiller - 04-07-2020, 02:48 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-19-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by lusescru - 05-18-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: 30 minutes to load app - by blandis - 05-19-2020, 01:55 PM