• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low upload bandwidth (Audio Bw Tx) and Bufferbloat advice please
(10-02-2020, 10:54 PM)davegee1 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 12:48 PM)Terles Wrote: I'd start by having both of you do a speed test (preferable to the same server) - one that provides not only up and down speed but also measures jitter.  That may lead to seeing one person with speed / jitter issues over another.  I've seen it here in Canada where updating a modem has resolved similar problems (see https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/In...647#M32690 ) which references jitter as it applies to the gaming community, but specifically addresses the issue of internet modems & firmware versions.  Hope this helps...
Thank you for the tip on point 2 above. We may try another router for him. Regarding the audio upload bandwidth issue (point 1). I thought I’d resolved it by taking ‘auto throttle’ off, but I tried it last night and the connection was bad. My friend was hearing glitchy audio and I was getting errors saying I had ‘network packet send’ errors. Maybe I need the auto throttle back on. Not sure why I have upload band witch issues - I have 30mbps up on cable, and interestingly, I can use video upload with no problems.
I recommend that everyone turns off "Auto Throttle Birtrate" and set it to 128.  Also uncheck "Auto Throttle Packet Rate" and set it to 200.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Low upload bandwidth (Audio Bw Tx) and Bufferbloat advice please - by Terles - 10-17-2020, 11:47 PM