• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static while using a Macbook with a focusrite interface
(07-26-2020, 04:53 PM)LVanarsdall Wrote: Hello all. I am having problem with a teacher who is having latency and static issues while using a focusrite interface with a condensor microphone with his Macbook. While in have session, I have him go to Manage/Audio Settings/ Audio Booster, where I adjust his bitrate and audio frame size. I have him at 128K and 2ms, but when I have him go up or sown on those settings the static remains. He tells me he is also getting a message about "his sample rate not matching". Is this the source of the static? if so, do I reinstall the device, or use the focusrite application to change the sample rate? I am not sure on the net step. Thank you.
>>>
Verify your sample rates in Focusrite Control & JamKazam Audio Gear. They should match.
Depending on the type of AI it could make a difference which to choose. 'Standard' would be 48k but we've seen 2i2 owners getting best results with a 96k setting.
Also make sure the macbook is on mains(!) and that a full/high power scheme is selected and no other software is running in the background.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Static while using a Macbook with a focusrite interface - by Dimitri Muskens - 07-27-2020, 10:58 AM