• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a dream.....
Just chiming in. There is also a distinction to me made about Zero Latency Monitoring. For instance, I own a couple of MOTU interfaces and they are Zero Latency Monitoring. This is because the GUI application CueMix allows accesses to control of the hardware features of the interface. Allowing me to also configure and use it as a stand alone mixer - a straight play-through device, not requiring a computer (pretty handy). I suspect what I refer to as Zero Latency Monitoring is likely Direct Monitoring on other AIs. The early JamKazam tutorial videos refer to Direct Monitoring and when I was getting my MOTU gear setup for JamKazm, i was pulling my hair out trying to figure out where the Direct Monitoring control is on my MOTU!. In CueMix Fx I can mute the Outputs which in effect, is the direct monitoring control. The Driver still passes the audio from the MOTU to JamKazam. These interfaces work nicely. And, my hair is finally growing back.

Safe to say, i think the big contributing factor is the Driver. Overall, my AI latency is 99 percent in the Green, but flickers over to Yellow for a second or two intermittently. But it's in the low single digits, if i recall off hand. like 1 or 2ms

For the UMC202HD, I have a friend on a Mac with this same AI, i was assisting them with getting setup and was surprised when they reported back saying, it's always in the Yellow with the AI. I was even more surprised when we could not find a Driver for it, from behringer's site. Then we learned, there is no 3rd party driver for it on the Mac. And, I didn't see any Firmware updates. Nonetheless, still, I think it's a handy descent interface and good enough to get things going. He put a mixer in front of it to add 2 mics and 2 instruments. We are both in California in the Yellow with Internet latency. We're having fun. I'm not suggesting he go out and purchase another AI at this point unless/until we see a marked improvement in the infrastructure to bring down the Internet Latency. This is the real bottle-neck, regardless of what AI you're going to throw at JK. I'm keeping watch on StarLink, which i think is going into beta, with the objective of bringing down latency.

Let's face it, I think there are enough musicians on the planet where we should have our separate high spead network, just for musicians. No shared lines. lol

Messages In This Thread
I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-18-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-18-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Chris Frost - 06-19-2020, 08:25 AM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 05:41 AM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-20-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by GDJ - 06-20-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by Hans Peter Augustesen - 06-20-2020, 05:06 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by RAV33 - 06-20-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: I had a dream..... - by GDJ - 06-20-2020, 06:51 PM